Having been eating humble pie about Ikpeazu after his earlier contributions, what he did yesterday was a highlights reel of why I was so unenthusiastic about his signing - to be fair mind, there were still good things in with all of the poor control, the wrong options taken, the downright greediness and the grappling with his opposite number which, to me at least, has no place on a football pitch because it’s straight out a wrestling ring.

Yesterday, Ikpeazu was the player I feared he’d be with nearly every ball played up to him prompting the sort of farcical scenes we see at every corner and attacking free kick these days. You could understand why some managers decide that he is just not for them and you can fully understand why Warnock signed him. I thought we were trying to move away from what Ikpeazu represents, but it seems I got that wrong.

Moore and Hugill are big target men of the kind it seems is compulsory in a Cardiff City team, but they’re both footballers as well, our manager was as well, Gary Madine is as well, but, although he has his uses, I’m not sure Ikpeazu is.