I’ve been abroad and not been able to keep an eye on this, save the notifications coming through, which has done me a favour I guess. What a turnaround from last week.

Following on from what TOBW has said re: playing Middlesex at Sophia Gardens. I can’t back this up with any stats but I’ve half thought for a while that we’ve tended to do better away from home generally and we don’t get much of a home advantage in Cardiff. But as I’ve said, that’s not based on any stats I’ve bothered to unearth and probably added to by the fact we’ve not been that great consistently at home - or away! - for a while generally.

I do have a soft spot for St Helen’s and it’s a shame the state it’s gotten into. On talk of out grounds, I picked up some Wisden book on county cricket grounds in a charity shop in east London a few years back. Great little Time Capsule of a book, pre Durham getting first class status I think. Glammy had quite a number in there, I’d have to check but one of the most out of any county, but also easily the most venues out of the historic county too compared to others. Outside of the ones mentioned here so far I think Ponty, Merthyr, Ebbw Vale, Aberystwyth and Llanelli, have all hosted games at some points.