Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
No, my default position is to trust journalists no more than I do politicians. In fact, given no one elected them, and they only have to give their readership what they want to read, I probably trust them even less.

It's just predictable stuff, which after a while gets very boring. Whether it's the Daily Mail picking on Corbyns suit, or the guardian finding some journalist to pull apart Liz Truss's back story..it's all just pulling people in one direction and away from any sensible middle ground.

Guardian nearly always supports Labour, sometimes Lib Dems, although from recollection I think TOBW is right in that their position is generally anti-conservative more than anything. Very grown up.

I think the standard of writing is higher at the guardian than the Mail - one is a tabloid and one isn't says it all. Where the guardian falls down is in it's editorial purity. You simply won't read about a story that isn't aligned to it's editorial position - so everything about brexit is negative, everything about the Tories is negative etc etc. It's just not reporting things as they are.

Daily Mail probably has a greater diversity of opinion in all honesty - and it shows.
James Wales has “pronounced” in his inimitable fashion, so that’s an end to the discussion then.