Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
I beg to differ, he's lumped all people of a certain age (myself included) into one category. I happen to think he has a point about how the babyboomer generation have had things their own way nearly all of their lives and have an air of entitlement to them - I thought that before Doucas started posting on here as well.

I don't take offence at what he says as much as I did to being called a racist on here this week.
I am not sure you were called a racist so much as it being pointed out you used what many consider to be a racist term. For the avoidance of doubt, I don't think you are a racist. And you weren't as personally offended no doubt, because Doucas didn't wish death upon you, merely upon people of your age who happen to think or vote differently to him (and we have supposed anti-fascists on here who endorse his posts!!) We know he isn't literally wishing death upon people - he is probably sat in his pants at home, but language does matter.

Nonetheless, I am sure now that you understand that it is offensive to be labelled something that you are not that it should strike you that some of the accusations and wishes expressed by Doucas are deeply offensive, as well as being completely inaccurate. (And you went out of your way to back up Splott Parker in endorsing them, remember)

It was a debate on gas prices and it turned into wishing death, gross generalisations, rants about Brexit voters and Tories and all the rest.

Many of us have had that kind of ignorant abuse thrown around for about 6 years. It's not acceptable, it's weird as f**k and it should be called out.

Anyway, what about gas eh?!