This is a significant moment for the BBC.

Lineker and the BBC in a stand off and now we find out that the BBC have 'cancelled' David Attenborough - they bounced his show from primetime to iplayer because they didn't want to upset or get a backlash from the right-wing Tory MP's because he highlights some re-wilding projects.

Laura, as ANYONE in journalism knows, was very connected (and I mean VERY CONNECTED) to the Tory hierarchy and was their mouthpiece, Fiona Bruce, married to a beneficiary of Tory money.

Where was the outrage when Maitlis, a primetime BBC journalist at the time, tweeted that the Labour Party should undertake a COUP to get rid of Corbyn... Where was the outrage when Alan Sugar, on election day, told anyone who respected him to NOT vote Labour or even Lineker himself, in 2019 tweeted 'Bin Corbyn'..

If these were not breaches of the BBC impartiality clauses then I don't know what is.

The difference of course, is that those examples criticised the opposition and the BBC have a director general under investigation for organising the loaning the Tory party leader and prime minister money and a director who was a former candidate for the Tory party.

And in terms of substance, Lineker was right. The language used by the Home secretary, can be compared to 1930's Nazi Germany.

But that is a secondary issue really - the issue is that the BBC are increasing their crack down on any government criticism. Comedy shows will be next to be axed.

And before anyone says - yeah if the shoe was on the other foot, I would also be concerned.