Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
Ramsey is one of the greatest ex-City players of all time. Even the short term loan 12 seasons ago he looked class. He's been incredible for Wales.

He's still an international quality player but I'm not sure I'd want him here. The sight of a frustrated Rambo playing in a shit side as we battle against relegation doesn't inspire me. Would he make much of a difference with the crap around him?
He's a very bright bloke. He would know what he was getting himself into. His influence over Colwill would be huge and could be the making of the latter. The cost of Ramsay could be more than compensated for in the increase value in Colwill.

Part of our financial problem over the last 5 years has been the lack of value in our own squad. We have spent money very badly. Our transfer policy has been the opposite of 'moneyball'. Clearly, I'm not saying Ramsay is a moneyball signing.

Etete and Tanner are the only moneyball signings we have made (I have high hopes for Etete). Even an average season for us could see the values of Etete, Colwill and Davies rocket. Despite Warnocks success, his signings in terms of 'investment' were poor.