German football isn't as cheap as it was (where is?!) But it is still generally more affordable than here.

Go back 20 years and their stadiums were way 'behind' ours but a lot got improved for the 2006 world cup and now nearly all their grounds are very modern. There are very few of the traditional large curved open terraces etc left.

All that needs paying for I guess and at the top end I think tickets are more or less the same as here. At Dortmund for example the priciest tickets are €61. Indeed, one could argue they are more expensive as I don't think kids ticket prices are universally applicable in Germany, unlike the UK where they (nearly) always are.

The difference is at the lower end, where you can stand at Dortmund for €18.50.

I think that kind of pricing structure is in place pretty much thoughtoht the leagues, with it obviously getting cheaper the lower you go and concession prices probably become more readily available.

Just checked and Hannover 96, who are in 2.Bundesliga and are a club probably similar to us in terms of status (and whom I once watched in their old ground!), have their most expensive tickets at €37. Similar to here really.

Generally I vastly prefer their model. Mainly because they have terraces but also because they cater for all price points. I care little what the top price at clubs is, and I care more that the lowest price is affordable, and German clubs do that. There is also much less of the general bullshit like cashless grounds and you are more likely to get free train travel included in the match ticket etc - something City could easily work with TfW on.

Overall, Germany 1-0 UK