Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
An Israeli and a Palestinian political commentator were just interviewed on sky news

Both very intelligent people who were a glimmer of hope

In total agreement that the only way forward is a 2 state solution where each side is respected

They called it their fate

At the moment that seems fantasy land but it must be the only thing to aim for
Hamas - werent they elected into office ?
Benny and his bunch - similar I believe

Hamas have stated they want Israel wiped off the map. Israel about to return the favour with interest. This has been going on for a very long time. Will the Palestinian people revolt and kick Hamas out of town ? - maybe.
Israel have just formed a war coalition Govt - that wont be changing any time soon.

Gaza is either about to be flattened or turned into a cold dark desert. Hamas through their own actions are about to commit a large majority of Gaza citizens to death many more than the 1300 killed so far.

Post flattening - they may just be able to have a nation state, no access into Israel, a no fly zone, no access to the Med. Which is probably even worse than what they already had. And a threat hanging over them that all the power, water and fuel can be switched off. They'll spend the next 20 years rebuilding what is about to be demolished for them.

Couldnt it be so much better - it they dropped the guns, bombs, slings and instead tried to build a vibrant country that could trade, grow their economy and make Palestine a better place to live than the hell hole its about to become. Just my 2p worth, other opinions may vary.

I should add Israel need to stop building where they shouldn't and there needs to be a massive solid steel wall built around the 2 countries.
Trump could help on that one.