Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
�� I think we all want the same result, just different approaches
I have an old friend (alcoholic) who went through the program at llandough and has been sober ever since. It’s when they become homeless the real problems start. Which is why they need to be out of tents and into rehab , they should not be left to effectively drink or inject themselves to death
I couldn’t give a monkeys about petty local gripes about services to be honest. What matters is getting the outcome that is best for the addict. If you are off your head and a stubborn idiot you won’t be able to accept what is the best option for you.
Maybe we should make it a criminal offence with the sentence being rehab?
I try to pay as little attention to our glorious Home Secretary as possible, but wasn't she saying that homeless people living in tents was a "lifestyle choice"?

The sacrifices she makes for the great culture wars fight are beyond the call of duty. Has she ever said anything that is not designed to rabble rouse and provoke a reaction and the worst thing is that all of the sound and fury cannot disguise the fact that she is wholly ineffective in her job.