+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: How Soon Could We Return To Blue

How Soon Could We Return To Blue

I believe that at the start of the season each club must nominate a home kit and an away kit which they must use until the season finishes. The only exception is that they may play in the kit they intend to use the following season in their last home game - as Burnley did against us a few years ago. However, I think I may be right in saying that a club can change it's kit mid season with the permission of the FA. That is certainly the case as far as the Premier League is concerned. Can anyone she'd any more light on the situation?

Re: How Soon Could We Return To Blue

No idea, but I'd like to think the FA would make an exception for what are pretty exceptional circumstances.
    The only problem is we're Welsh and the FA fecking hate us

Good point. It is the Welsh FA who would adjudicate I presume, or maybe not as it was the English FA who had to sanction the kit design and colours in the first place. We'll soon find out I hope!

Dalman did say he would want to get things done quickly. Under the unique circumstances I would be amazed if they turned us down.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebeetle wrote on Fri, 09 January 2015 00:32
    Good point. It is the Welsh FA who would adjudicate I presume, or maybe not as it was the English FA who had to sanction the kit design and colours in the first place. We'll soon find out I hope!
    Surely it would be the Football League?

Quote Originally Posted by HP Source wrote on Fri, 09 January 2015 00:34
    Dalman did say he would want to get things done quickly. Under the unique circumstances I would be amazed if they turned us down.
    If this is this case, FA/ FL or FAW would be scoring almost a bigger own goal than Tan if they didn't let it happen

I recall an odd occaision at Ninian teams turned up with the wrong kit so we changed.

Do Fulham have a red away kit that they bring by accident?

As this meeting seems very stage managed I could see us warming up in blue and walking on the pitch in blue tracksuit tops.

On the other hand the FA/FL may have been asked. Is it a 'preferred' home kit not mandatory?

I don't think it'll happen this Saturday.

The kit colour change would've had to be organised at least week ago though so Fulhams staff can prepare their correct kit for the match.

It wouldn't have been kept a secret.

Aside from the league regulations, Fulhams kit regardless of first or second choice do not clash with blue. So a call to Football League to ask permission (or just accept the fine) to play in Blue tomorrow would be great !

No need fulham play in white so whether we wear blue or red they will still wear white

We'll be in red until the last home game of the season.

Last home game, I can imagine us playing in whatever the new blue kit is (as per FA rules and all that)