+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Season Ticket Prices for 2015/16 as mentioned in official statement last Friday

Season Ticket Prices for 2015/16 as mentioned in official statement last Friday

"For the 2015/16 Season, Non Price Freeze Season Tickets will be reduced and Price Freeze Season Tickets shall be adjusted accordingly to match these prices

Does anybody in the know, know what this means in actual monetary terms? As an example Ninian Stand season tickets under the price freeze were £399 for the rear of the lower stand and non price freeze were £529, I think.

So what does the official statement from VT equate to?

Hope the takeup will improve now we're back in blue.

Re: Season Ticket Prices for 2015/16 as mentioned in official statement last Friday

Quote Originally Posted by thornhillblue wrote on Mon, 12 January 2015 09:26
    "For the 2015/16 Season, Non Price Freeze Season Tickets will be reduced and Price Freeze Season Tickets shall be adjusted accordingly to match these prices
    I think the statement means that the ticket prices will be lower than £529, but slightly higher than £399.

Re: Season Ticket Prices for 2015/16 as mentioned in official statement last Friday

My guess on it is that the £529 will come down to £429 and the price freeze price £399 will go up to £429, making it the same price for everyone

Im sure Corky said something like the price freeze tickets will increase by £25 and non price freeze tickets will drop in line with this.

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith wrote on Mon, 12 January 2015 09:35
    Im sure Corky said something like the price freeze tickets will increase by £25 and non price freeze tickets will drop in line with this.
    That sounds quite fair.

I heard the same - and yes it's very fair £18 a game

I think IF it is about £25 then that's very acceptable.

That would be very acceptable. I thought they may meet around the middle, say about a £50-60 increase.

If the club is still in the championship as is likely, I see no reason for a price rise. Other clubs have kept them frozen so even though we have had 5 years at the same price, I see little justification for an increase and in fact we deserve a moratorium on price rises as a reward for suffering the dross we have had to put up with for the past season and a half.

Championship ticket prices look here http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-29527838

We are about mid tablke in terms of match day tickets and the top half for Season tickets

It would have been simpler had the club merely stated that the cost next of season's ST prices will be pitched between the existing price-freeze price and the existing non-price freeze price.

Perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote on Mon, 12 January 2015 12:46
    I thought that the £329 price quoted there was only the price-freeze price.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Mon, 12 January 2015 16:10
    It would have been simpler had the club merely stated that the cost next of season's ST prices will be pitched between the existing price-freeze price and the existing non-price freeze price.
    I think those plans have been put on ice.

On top of that it looks like the concession age has jumped from 60 to 65 as on the tickets for the Reading game it says OAP not senior, although I can't see them hiking up the prices for those like me who have already been receiving the discounnt. Bad luck for those though who will be 60 in the near future

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Mon, 12 January 2015 16:11
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote on Mon, 12 January 2015 12:46
    We are about mid tablke in terms of match day tickets and the top half for Season tickets
    My ticket is £399 on Price Freeze ( further back in the lower Ninian stand)