+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Re-cycling

Re-cycling

Is it compulsory to use them ? I use them and food bags,green bin,but I notice that a few of my neighbours can't be arsed?

Re: Re-cycling

No its not compulsory. But its advisable.

Here in Wales we have been very good at recycling and have nearly met our targets. There are ever increasing landfil charges so if we dont recycle we will start paying for it through our council tax.

Fortnightly collections have forced people into recycling as people dont want bins full of waste going foul sitting around. With food and recycling collected weekly, only soft plastics need to be in the black bins.

The sooner the council brings in 3 weekly collections the better.

I put everything in a black bag and throw in the bin daily or every two days ...

Quote Originally Posted by tigerbaybluebird wrote on Sun, 01 February 2015 13:01
    I put everything in a black bag and throw in the bin daily or every two days ...
    You are a lazy git then and will cost us all money in increased council taxes then

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon wrote on Sun, 01 February 2015 12:47
    The sooner the council brings in 3 weekly collections the better.
    That's a sensible move for black bins - I'm no green evangelist, but there's little I need to put in my black bin these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon wrote on Sun, 01 February 2015 12:47
    No its not compulsory. But its advisable.
    Not sure how but that was the jist of it.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM wrote on Sun, 01 February 2015 13:25
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerbaybluebird wrote on Sun, 01 February 2015 13:01
    You are a lazy git then and will cost us all money in increased council taxes then
    Oh well the council have decreased my services and increased my council tax, so I guess I making the most of it

Quote Originally Posted by tigerbaybluebird wrote on Sun, 01 February 2015 13:43
    Oh well the council have decreased my services and increased my council tax, so I guess I making the most of it
    You are contributing to further increases in the future that could be avoided if landfill was reduced, which it wont be if people just put everything in black bags

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM wrote on Sun, 01 February 2015 13:50
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerbaybluebird wrote on Sun, 01 February 2015 13:43
    You are contributing to further increases in the future that could be avoided if landfill was reduced, which it wont be if people just put everything in black bags
    whats that incinerator about then down the docks

I'm a small fish go and blame supermarkets and fast food establishments

Quote Originally Posted by poc wrote on Sun, 01 February 2015 13:51
    whats that incinerator about then down the docks
    That's a good point, the more of my black bag rubbish they burn the more electricity they can produce, it's a win win situation