+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any cyclists on here?

Re: Any cyclists on here?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue O wrote on Wed, 04 February 2015 20:46
    I don't really agree with Penguin, while he's right in saying that for road bikes sub £300 won't get you much. Not everyone can afford £1000+ for a bike. Everyone goes on about weight of the bike, but if you can shift half a stone off your belly first you've saved quite a bit of money.

Check this out as a way of reducing cost http://www.cyclescheme.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin wrote on Thu, 05 February 2015 14:52
    I don't really agree with Penguin, while he's right in saying that for road bikes sub £300 won't get you much. Not everyone can afford £1000+ for a bike. Everyone goes on about weight of the bike, but if you can shift half a stone off your belly first you've saved quite a bit of money.
    There are some decent budget bikes out there for a beginner bike, if you can't afford too much don't stretch yourself.r
    Does your wife have a sharp enough knife?

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue wrote on Wed, 04 February 2015 18:43
    How do you find out what size frame you need?
    they have an option to size their bikes which will give you an idea of the size of frame you require.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock wrote on Thu, 05 February 2015 16:18
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin wrote on Thu, 05 February 2015 14:52
    There are some decent budget bikes out there for a beginner bike, if you can't afford too much don't stretch yourself.r
    I get your point money-wise but if you lose half a stone off your belly and half a stone off the bike that is 7 bags of sugar you would otherwise be carrying up the hill. Lots of people go spinning and love it but in reality its nothing like riding a bike. Youre not carrying the bike anywhere and youve got no wind resistance.
    Twelve grand for a bike Expensive hobby this bike lark my £300 quid budget would'nt get a tidy pair of pedal straps on that price range.

dont know if this works but this is it, the dream bike, £12000

bollox, i cant sort the image out....

Quote Originally Posted by Otis wrote on Wed, 04 February 2015 15:58
    Whatever you do, just don't ride on the pavement or the road. Please and thank you.
    Please try not overtake on the inside as I may not see you, or jump red lights , or scoot through pedestrian crossing whilst people are crossing , ride through town center paved areas , use excessive speeds on walk ways or paths