+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A win at last as mid table mediocrity beckons.

A win at last as mid table mediocrity beckons.

Re: A win at last as mid table mediocrity beckons.

Five games unbeaten. No relegation, no promotion. Job done?

I would take mid-table mediocrity now and write the season off.

Quote Originally Posted by Thames Valley Bluebird wrote on Wed, 25 February 2015 09:48
    Next season is the issue. With the team as is we will be in a relegation battle from start to finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Pug wrote on Wed, 25 February 2015 09:50
    Quote Originally Posted by Thames Valley Bluebird wrote on Wed, 25 February 2015 09:48
    Next season is the issue. With the team as is we will be in a relegation battle from start to finish.
    Especially if Manga moves on to bigger and better things

There are quite a few poor teams in the Championship so I am not sure that is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM wrote on Wed, 25 February 2015 09:52
    Especially if Manga moves on to bigger and better things
    The team wouldn't be as is then and that is why it is difficult to make any judgements.

I think we're trying to get on the road Ipswich have been travelling on. Not sure anyone can say they've seen them play well and they appeared massively ineffective against premier league opposition in the cup, yet with hard work and the smallest possible measurement of skill they're automatic promotion candidates. Sadly our manager isn't entertaining like Mick Mccarthy so it will be even more dull to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Wed, 25 February 2015 09:47
    Good read as always Bob. It is so sad about Malky and though I am among those who have been critical of him, he had almost hero status for me when he was here. So now that he's back in football I would be saddened to see him fail and get sacked or relegated with Wigan.

Bloody hell, be a bit more positive will you. You seem to be turning things around. This season may be a write off, and I mean MAY BE, as there are still thirty nine points to be got. I wouldn't bet against you on Saturday either. Relegation is out of the question, as there are a lot more than three clubs worse than you are.

One thing about having a thirty three thousand capacity stadium, no matter which league you're in you are unlikely to get a capacity crowd, so no need to commit to a season ticket and line Tan's pockets. Win, win.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynedd Blue wrote on Wed, 25 February 2015 11:03
    http://mauveandyellowarmy.net/
    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Wed, 25 February 2015 09:47
    Good read as always Bob. It is so sad about Malky and though I am among those who have been critical of him, he had almost hero status for me when he was here. So now that he's back in football I would be saddened to see him fail and get sacked or relegated with Wigan.
    Personally I would have him back tomorrow!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ZZ Jack wrote on Wed, 25 February 2015 11:23
    Bloody hell, be a bit more positive will you. You seem to be turning things around. This season may be a write off, and I mean MAY BE, as there are still thirty nine points to be got. I wouldn't bet against you on Saturday either. Relegation is out of the question, as there are a lot more than three clubs worse than you are.
    Have you see the walk up prices.

Quote Originally Posted by surge wrote on Wed, 25 February 2015 10:09
    I think we're trying to get on the road Ipswich have been travelling on. Not sure anyone can say they've seen them play well and they appeared massively ineffective against premier league opposition in the cup, yet with hard work and the smallest possible measurement of skill they're automatic promotion candidates. Sadly our manager isn't entertaining like Mick Mccarthy so it will be even more dull to watch.
    We weren't exciting under Malky but most people will put up with that when you are winning.People can make all the predictions they like for next season but there are so many imponderables it will be meaningless.No one knows what Tan's intentions are for the future,we have no idea what other clubs will do in with team building.Fine examples are Bournemouth and Brentford who have massively over achieved whilst Forest and ourselves have gone backwards.Each season is massively different.

Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPYS DEN wrote on Wed, 25 February 2015 11:49
    We weren't exciting under Malky but most people will put up with that when you are winning.People can make all the predictions they like for next season but there are so many imponderables it will be meaningless.No one knows what Tan's intentions are for the future,we have no idea what other clubs will do in with team building.Fine examples are Bournemouth and Brentford who have massively over achieved whilst Forest and ourselves have gone backwards.Each season is massively different.
    How many years of under achieving until you're just playing to your level? I can't remember the last time Forest were looking likely for a play-off place and even less that they were looking likely for promotion.

Imagine the things Slade could achieve if he had a full season here

Imagine the things Slade could achieve if he had a full season here, we'd be smashing club records left right and centre

lowest attendance
    lowest ST renewals
    lowest points per game ever
    lowest goals scored record
    Funniest tactics employed by any city Manager
    Record for the largest ever walk out at half time

The list is endless of what this man can do

Quote Originally Posted by surge wrote on Wed, 25 February 2015 12:19
    Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPYS DEN wrote on Wed, 25 February 2015 11:49
    How many years of under achieving until you're just playing to your level? I can't remember the last time Forest were looking likely for a play-off place and even less that they were looking likely for promotion.
    Really? I believe they lost in the play off semi-final against the Jacks the year our little cousins went to the Premier League.Not that long ago really is it?Not that easy to forget either!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ZZ Jack wrote on Wed, 25 February 2015 11:23
    I'd be careful if I were you: you could be undermining your Jack status with these kind words.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue wrote on Wed, 25 February 2015 11:33
    Have you see the walk up prices.
    Well then, if the football is worth it you'll pay. That's an incentive to deliver the goods. If Tan has your money up front he's not going to give a toss.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynedd Blue wrote on Wed, 25 February 2015 13:35
    I'd be careful if I were you: you could be undermining your Jack status with these kind words.
    Just the truth GB.

Quote Originally Posted by ZZ Jack wrote on Wed, 25 February 2015 20:56
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwynedd Blue wrote on Wed, 25 February 2015 13:35
    Just the truth GB.
    We could do with a bit more of that eh! Rivalry yes - bigotry no!