+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5 unbeaten, top half of table, 10 points above relegation, 2 conceded in 5 games

Re: 5 unbeaten, top half of table, 10 points above relegation, 2 conceded in 5 games

Although some performances this season have been really bad, I'd say the 95/96 season (finished a few places away from dropping out of the football league) was consistently horrendous to endure.

Also the season of draws of 97/98 (?) was really dire when the pitch was the minimum width leaving no room for our slow, unimaginative footballers to work with.

Re: 5 unbeaten, top half of table, 10 points above relegation, 2 conceded in 5 games

Definite progress

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 wrote on Wed, 25 February 2015 17:57
    Definite progress
    Afraid not.It was a dire showing again last night. Good goal but lucky they had 2 disallowed. It was parks football from both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawley Kazoo wrote on Wed, 25 February 2015 14:43
    1 win in how many games though?
    Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPYS DEN wrote on Wed, 25 February 2015 14:27
    We are only 10 points above relegation due to those teams being, somehow, even worse than we've been. Slade out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawley Kazoo wrote on Tue, 24 February 2015 22:46
    if teams being worse than us is the only reason for them being below us in the table then that's a good enough reason for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal wrote on Tue, 24 February 2015 22:35
    You made it out to sound like Slade is doing a good job... he's not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg wrote on Tue, 24 February 2015 22:26
    You're just hoping he stays so you can say "I told you so" if he miraculously turned things around... he won't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal wrote on Tue, 24 February 2015 22:22
    Just trying to add balance as so many of our fans are against him. If you looked at it from the outside- I don't think the outside world of football would agree he has been as terrible as our fans think. He hasn't been great either but I do think would be harsh to sack him now as I think the jury is at least still out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg wrote on Tue, 24 February 2015 22:17
    No I told you so's from me- slade will be sacked at city one day of that there is no doubt- but I think he has done enough for that time not to be now.
    Plenty when we were in the 'dungeon'-in the 80's and 90's.I've been around too long!!!