Quote Originally Posted by gnasher wrote on Sat, 04 April 2015 19:20
It's disingenuous to think that a substantial increase in the labour force has absolutely no effect on wages. I detest UKIP but even a broken clock is correct occasionally.
Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin wrote on Sat, 04 April 2015 19:07
The birth rates in the UK have an impact on the labour force, the number of people gainging specific qualifications has an impact on the labour force, the stock market has an impact on the labour force, technological advances have an impact on the labour force, the availability of natural resources has an impact on the labour force. There are a myriad of factors that can have an impact on the labour force - even the bleeding weather!
Quote Originally Posted by archibald leitch wrote on Sat, 04 April 2015 14:51
By far and away the most significnat factor on the labour force is the capitalist system and the desire to keep costs down and maximise profits. But hey, lets not talk about that, let's divert attention from that and focus on johnny forigner - that way we can let the real culprits get away scott free - and while we are at it, some of us can use it to cover up sinister prejudices we have.
Quote Originally Posted by gnasher wrote on Sat, 04 April 2015 14:09
I note you have failed to comment on the report which clearly states that the low paid worker suffers most from a flux of immigration.
Quote Originally Posted by archibald leitch wrote on Sat, 04 April 2015 11:37
You have also failed to respond from the head of the Royal Collage of nursing describing the employment of temp overseas workers in the Nhs as madness. A bit sinister for you?
Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Sat, 04 April 2015 08:35
I note that you have failed to understand what i have said.
really? Is that what youre saying?