+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Loan watch

Loan watch

Tommy O'Sullivan made history last week by being the first player to score two goals in an under-21 international while at Port Vale. That's his gravestone sorted then. It was a genuinely impressive performance from him, the second goal was a stunning strike. Unfortunately he picked up a knock so missed Port Vale's game on Friday, a home defeat by Colchester for whom Rhys Healey made a late appearance. Healey's time at Colchester has been more of a hokey cokey than a loan spell, hopefully he can stay injury free and administrative error free for the rest of season and score the goals to help Colchester stay up.

No action for Ben Nugent or Danny Johnson but Deji Oshilaja and David Tutonda both played the 90 minutes in 2-2 draws for their clubs. Declan John's Barnsley lost a crunch derby with John Brayford's Sheffield United but remain in contention for a play-off place.

In the Championship, Kenwyne Jones scored with a late header on his debut for Bournemouth in a 1-1 draw with Ipswich. Matt Connolly came on late for Watford in another 2-2 draw while Adam Le Fondre and Joe Lewis came up against each other as Bolton and Blackpool drew 1-1.

Filip Kiss helped Ross County to another win in Scotland. Having got a successful run of games under his belt he must be disappointed to have missed out on Slovakia's squad in the week, especially as they've won all 5 qualifying games so far and are set to make the finals. Javi Guerra returned from injury as he came on in injury time for Malaga in a 1-1 draw. KTC's St Etienne had an impressive 1-1 draw at Monaco while Etien Velikonja scored a nice opening goal for Lierse SK as they won a relegation play-off game 3-2 against Cercle Bruges.

A quick word about Kevin Sainte-Luce. He came through our Academy and made one first team appearance for us before leaving, very much under a cloud, in January 2013. He failed to make it at AFC Wimbledon but has now had a run of games at Conference club Gateshead and scored his first goals for them yesterday in a 2-2 draw at title chasing Grimsby.

Re: Loan watch

Thanks for the update as always. I didn't even know Healy was back at Colchester to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by NECS wrote on Sun, 05 April 2015 12:01
    Thanks for the update as always. I didn't even know Healy was back at Colchester to be honest.
    The whole thing was bizarre. It's hard to believe that City haven't messed up somewhere but to be fair I haven't seen any proof of it and the Newport manager has blamed FIFA not City. I'm sure the club have been instrumental in getting Healey's loan to Colchester back on, credit to them for that if nothing else here.

I see Chris Barker looks like he'll keep the Aldershot managers job for the rest of the season after they beat FGR 3-1 on Friday!

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot wrote on Sun, 05 April 2015 13:50
    I see Chris Barker looks like he'll keep the Aldershot managers job for the rest of the season after they beat FGR 3-1 on Friday!
    That's good, didn't I see on here that he'd scored an own goal in his first game as player manager? I see Forest Green finished the game with a strike force of Jon Parkin and Stuart Fleetwood. I reckon Slade has already started an inquiry into why Parkin was allowed to leave here, he'd love to have him now.

You missed Darran Purse scoring yesterday.......amazingly it was an own goal. Staines relegated!
    Ok so not a loan but a player we could do with right now to show some organisation and desire

I cannot believe that Port Vale have never had an under 21 international scoring twice in a game. I mean, it's Port Vale.

Quote Originally Posted by sidhooper7 wrote on Sun, 05 April 2015 16:27
    You missed Darran Purse scoring yesterday.......amazingly it was an own goal. Staines relegated!
    Nice one, didn't realise he was still going. 38 now, played in the same England under-21 team as Lampard, Heskey and Carragher, their careers took different paths though.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy wrote on Sun, 05 April 2015 16:49
    I cannot believe that Port Vale have never had an under 21 international scoring twice in a game. I mean, it's Port Vale.
    Exactly. I'm sure we all remember Northern Ireland's James Lawrie getting one goal but my flabber was as gasted as yours when I realised no one had got two.

Cool, cheers.

Tommy O'Sullivan made his first league start yesterday as Port Vale lost to a last minute goal at Rochdale. Played in centre-midfield alongside a 38 year old Michael Brown and did ok from what I can make out. The fact that he stayed on for the whole game reflects well on his performance and fitness, manager Rob Page said he was one of the positives. Having been pushing for the play-offs until recently, Vale are now 2 points off the drop zone with 5 games to go.

Only 2 other starters yesterday but both Declan John and Deji Oshilaja were on the end of bad defeats. Good practice for when they come back here I suppose.

Jo Inge Berget must be glad he's away from it all now, he popped up with two early goals as Malmo started their league season with a 4-1 away win.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski wrote on Tue, 07 April 2015 18:57
    Tommy O'Sullivan made his first league start yesterday as Port Vale lost to a last minute goal at Rochdale. Played in centre-midfield alongside a 38 year old Michael Brown and did ok from what I can make out. The fact that he stayed on for the whole game reflects well on his performance and fitness, manager Rob Page said he was one of the positives. Having been pushing for the play-offs until recently, Vale are now 2 points off the drop zone with 5 games to go.
    Any idea why Josh Yorwerth has joined Ipswich? http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/27194/marriott-nets- twice-as-u21s-hammer-charlton

Cheers Loanamski.

From Yorwerth's twitter account: "Blessed to be given an opportunity last night to play for my country.. Let's hope a new door will open in the summer!" Sounds like he's been released.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays wrote on Wed, 08 April 2015 17:23
    From Yorwerth's twitter account: "Blessed to be given an opportunity last night to play for my country.. Let's hope a new door will open in the summer!" Sounds like he's been released.
    Cheers. He was with Ipswich as a trialist according to that account. Hopefully he'll get an opportunity with another club.

Quote Originally Posted by babyloncardiff wrote on Wed, 08 April 2015 17:26
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays wrote on Wed, 08 April 2015 17:23
    Cheers. He was with Ipswich as a trialist according to that account. Hopefully he'll get an opportunity with another club.
    Good spot that. Yorwerth, Brad Williams, Jaye Bowen and Dane Griffiths all suddenly stopped playing DVP games earlier in the season, TOBW assumed Yorwerth was being released and your link seems to confirm that. We already have Tom James and Deji Oshilaja coming through but maybe what's done for him is Malky giving Maxi Amondarian a 4 year contract back in 2013. I wondered if Yorwerth's surprisingly good performance for Wales u-21s last week might lead to a u-turn from the club but it doesn't look like it.