+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How low can you go - House Prices

Re: How low can you go - House Prices

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon wrote on Tue, 14 April 2015 12:42
    I bought my old council house for £27500 and put it up for sale a few years later for £145000
    Quote Originally Posted by Gluey wrote on Tue, 14 April 2015 12:39
    I accepted £137500
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerbaybluebird wrote on Tue, 14 April 2015 12:06
    I once bought a job lot of 10 ex-council houses. I didn't care about the price, I just wanted to make 10% profit. The way I see it I got 30 years of free booze and holidays courtesy of the tax payer. Thanks guys it was great
    I bought a couple of houses and a hotel last night. I was playing Monopoly. Hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by tigerbaybluebird wrote on Tue, 14 April 2015 12:24
    See if there's anyway you and the home owner can do a deal between yourselves thus leaving out the estate agents ( they want it to go for the highest possible price so they get a bigger % they do bugger all anyway ). Then you've only got to pay for it to be surveyed and solicitors fees ....

Worth a look at Rightmove sold house prices to see what is was purchased for last time and for how much. Gives you some idea of how much equity the seller has in the property, although they off course probably have to buy a property as today's prices too.

Doesnt seem to be any history regarding selling prices. Most houses on the street do. Is this a good thing or bad, seems to suggest they bought the house many moons ago, and potentially no mortgage? Or no mortgage = no rush to sell and hold on until right price?

Quote Originally Posted by Rumney-Coleman wrote on Tue, 14 April 2015 14:21
    Doesnt seem to be any history regarding selling prices. Most houses on the street do. Is this a good thing or bad, seems to suggest they bought the house many moons ago, and potentially no mortgage? Or no mortgage = no rush to sell and hold on until right price?
    Just put in the offer you want and see what the estate agent says.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc wrote on Tue, 14 April 2015 14:28
    Doesn't mean anything bad or good.
    Cheers mate

Or, perhaps, people that have lived there a long time but have now passed on.

Quote Originally Posted by Loya Jirga wrote on Tue, 14 April 2015 14:31
    Or, perhaps, people that have lived there a long time but have now passed on.
    Might take a drive by later, as the neighbours were out yesterday doing their garden, have a nose.

Quote Originally Posted by Loya Jirga wrote on Tue, 14 April 2015 12:58
    How does bad weather have an effect?!
    Quote Originally Posted by lardy wrote on Tue, 14 April 2015 11:38
    More houses are sold at this time of year than any other.
    Doesn't that make it seasonal and not weather related?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy wrote on Tue, 14 April 2015 15:25
    How does bad weather have an effect?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Loya Jirga wrote on Tue, 14 April 2015 12:58
    More houses are sold at this time of year than any other.
    Quote Originally Posted by lardy wrote on Tue, 14 April 2015 11:38
    Doesn't that make it seasonal and not weather related?
    It depends whether you live in an Ark or not.