+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Council House Crackdown

Council House Crackdown

Shocking how these "phantom" tenants sub let council properties purely for profit at the expense of the tax payer and those on waiting lists.

Scum living abroad renting out, other sub dividing properties to smaller "lets" and others with their OWN properties exploiting the system.

What was just as shocking was the length of time it takes the council to repossess these properties and take the B******* to court.

Whole system needs shaking up - costs tax payer millions per year and also prevents those who need somewhere to live having the opportunity to do so.

Re: Council House Crackdown

I know someone online, his Girl friend has a council house in Surrey somewehre, she has never lived in the place, rents it out to someone else and earns £ 400 a month out of the deal, i questions the utility bills and the sub-tenant running up debts, but they say its all in the sub-tenants name

The funny thing is, he owns a nice 4 bed house and a holiday home in France, he says the £400 is her pocket money for the month

People like this need to be dealt with severely.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiffa wrote on Fri, 24 July 2015 10:25
    http://www.lexology.com/library/detail.aspx?g=f9b62f37-e23e- 4c40-9e56-96c30d63b45d

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt wrote on Fri, 24 July 2015 09:58
    I know someone online, his Girl friend has a council house in Surrey somewehre, she has never lived in the place, rents it out to someone else and earns £ 400 a month out of the deal, i questions the utility bills and the sub-tenant running up debts, but they say its all in the sub-tenants name
    The guy might not be doing anything wrong but the girlfriend is committing fraud - no excuse, hope she gets caught

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 wrote on Fri, 24 July 2015 10:43
    There a loads of different estimates of the scale of the problem - and some people/organisations have reasons to make it sound better or worse than it really is.
    THanks Jon, a "Criminal" is what she is

Have you thought about reporting the fraud concerned? We are all quick to blame authorities but, as individuals, we bear a responsibility too.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Fri, 24 July 2015 10:58
    Have you thought about reporting the fraud concerned? We are all quick to blame authorities but, as individuals, we bear a responsibility too.
    I think I'm just going to shout about non-dom status/MP's putting 9p on expenses/Jimmy Carr and Gary Barlow dodging tax (Barlow not being criticised publicly by the Prime Minister) while watching Iplayer without a licence fee.

Quote Originally Posted by surge wrote on Fri, 24 July 2015 11:12
    I think I'm just going to shout about non-dom status/MP's putting 9p on expenses/Jimmy Carr and Gary Barlow dodging tax (Barlow not being criticised publicly by the Prime Minister) while watching Iplayer without a licence fee.
    Criminal, reported.

I've experienced more than one person doing this. I'd say that there is quite a large issue here, and that it is difficult to police.

to be honest, i know him just online and by his username, no other details, i have known him near 15 years though and he has always been a fairly good guy, always willing to help out others

Quote Originally Posted by DP1 wrote on Fri, 24 July 2015 10:51
    Quote Originally Posted by blue matt wrote on Fri, 24 July 2015 09:58
    The funny thing is, he owns a nice 4 bed house and a holiday home in France, he says the £400 is her pocket money for the month
    you are right, the guy isnt doing anything wrong in this instant, i guess you could argue he shouldn't let her do it or even report her, but thats not going to happen is it

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt wrote on Fri, 24 July 2015 13:23
    to be honest, i know him just online and by his username, no other details, i have known him near 15 years though and he has always been a fairly good guy, always willing to help out others
    Especially if they are paying rent.

Quote Originally Posted by DP1 wrote on Fri, 24 July 2015 09:52
    Shocking how these "phantom" tenants sub let council properties purely for profit at the expense of the tax payer and those on waiting lists.
    Spedger