+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 'It's time for Cardiff City's missing fans to look in the mirror, come back and play their part'.

Re: 'It's time for Cardiff City's missing fans to look in the mirror, come back and play their part'

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog wrote on Wed, 06 January 2016 16:07
    I dont think we can underestimate the Slade factor in this. We know now that Tan has had his lot with this club. I said a long time ago that chairmen come and they go and that ultimately Tan will be a sad memory in a long history but the Slade issue is doubly upsetting.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin wrote on Tue, 05 January 2016 17:38
    Why?
    I shall raise this on a new post.

Re: 'It's time for Cardiff City's missing fans to look in the mirror, come back and play their part'

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales wrote on Wed, 06 January 2016 17:48
    I dont think we can underestimate the Slade factor in this. We know now that Tan has had his lot with this club. I said a long time ago that chairmen come and they go and that ultimately Tan will be a sad memory in a long history but the Slade issue is doubly upsetting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog wrote on Wed, 06 January 2016 16:07
    Why?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin wrote on Tue, 05 January 2016 17:38
    At a bad time for the club, with OGS clearly struggling, the management took the decision to bring in a new boss. They selected possibly one of the most uninspiring people i have ever witnessed in all my years watching the game and i am in my 50s. Slade beats allcomers. Dave Grumpy Jones was as inspiring as custard but Slade makes him look like Mr Motivator. Grumpy by name Grumpy by nature but he did have a clear idea what he was about and brought the best football seen here in the last 15 years (albeit briefly).
    Shakespeare-esque.

Slade is very wrong.

Even die-hard fans can only take so much. Especially when the majority are working class people who don't earn much in the first place.

If any owner wants that fanbase to buy into it's "dream", then that owner simply MUST show the same level of ambition that those fans expect.

We're not talking pissing money into the wind, we're talking about the respective owner having no ego, consulting the fanbase, appointing a quality manager, and providing an entertaining end-product.

Slade is incapable and should go.

He doesn't know about creative football and brings the same sort of garbage that many other lower-level clubs are exposed to due to owners with expectations and lack of a clue.

If Tan wants success on and off the pitch, he needs to invest in a quality manager who knows the european and scandinavian leagues and knows how to create a flowing style of football that will bring the fans back.

Slade is a long-ball route-one merchant who is defensively clueless. We're almost conceding 2 goals per game and not scoring anywhere near enough.

If Tan wants the fans back, he needs to fall on his sword and focus on bringing in a quality manager and scouting team.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubert Cumberdale wrote on Tue, 05 January 2016 18:35
    Been once since the re-brand and that was for the Fulham home game returning to blue.
    Exactly the same for me, having not been for the 2 years before that game, it just felt really odd. Wonder if a new owner and regime change would change what's broken in people's minds?

Attendances before our years of success:

2008 13.939
    2007 15.223
    2006 11.720
    2005 12.976

Just normal service being returned.

Expectations just got out of hand for many fans and they now feel let down by the lack of excitement of cup runs/play offs.

Quote Originally Posted by Albany wrote on Wed, 06 January 2016 20:28
    Attendances before our years of success:
    Maybe so but it must be a worry for the club to think that since then we've made 4 Wembley appearances, been involved in a number of play-offs, played in the top flight and have come out of it with no extra support.

The fact the crowds have dropped back Ninian park type days is purely down to shit planning/management by the club. We'd steadily built up our fanbase (helped by cup runs) and that was all undone by taking us for granted.

On Sunday the crowd will be about 4k which again means that 10k of the current season ticket holders can't be arsed to go.

The atmosphere this season is as bad as it's ever been. Why is this if all the so called glory supporters have left and only the "true" hardcore are left? The apathy surrounding our club is there throughout and I hope we get a good cup run beating a big team on the way as I think we are just going to become (have become) a Reading type club

Does the city of cardiff deserve a football team.
    take the valleys support away and you are talking newport county gates.

Sack Humpty Dumpty, and bring in Nigel Pearson.

He'd stick loads on the gate, and help renew the enthusiasm and belief of thousands of supporters who've lost interest, because of Slade.