+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: cleaners/decorators

cleaners/decorators

Following a previous post I made about condensation in my house I need the walls cleaned as I'm not able to do it myself unfortunately.

I've had a look around a few cleaning companies but can't really see anyone who offers wall cleaning/scrubbing mould off.

Can anyone give any recommendations of someone who might be able to do this for me? There is a fair amount of it including ceilings, but shouldn't take much more than a day or two I'd have thought - from what I'm told it needs a bleach/water solution and a bit of scrubbing.

Re: cleaners/decorators

bump

If your getting a decorator in why not ask him to do it? Most would do it pre decoration anyway;-)

I'm not quite ready for the decorator is the thing. For the time being I just want it cleaned off :)

This seems like you could hire an unskilled laborer for. How much are you prepared to pay? Put that out there and you should get some responses.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue wrote on Mon, 11 January 2016 00:40
    This seems like you could hire an unskilled laborer for. How much are you prepared to pay? Put that out there and you should get some responses.
    I'd say it's probably a day's work. £80 cash?

Sugar soap solution is the best wat to clean down walls pre painting

Any decent decorator would do it for you if he was short of work

Sod this cash in hand nonsense you just get piss artists

I would charge a minimum of 100 a day , if it took me half a day , fifty , by cheque

And once done , dont have the heating turned up too much and keep a small window open

Quote Originally Posted by welshyoot wrote on Mon, 11 January 2016 00:58
    That makes sense. Any idea what a fair price be per day should be for something like this?
    Weather you use bleach or sugar soap you need to clean down afterwards and dry down

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY wrote on Mon, 11 January 2016 01:22
    Quote Originally Posted by welshyoot wrote on Mon, 11 January 2016 00:58
    That makes sense. Any idea what a fair price be per day should be for something like this?
    I'd say it's probably a day's work. £80 cash?
    I'll give you £100 sludge but I don't have a cheque book :)

I would be happy to do it for you if my old man wasn't I'll with Alzheimer's .....I would only ever work for cheque or declare my cash payments , I would charge the going rate for a city and build qualified decorator , 120 a day

Hope you find someone mate , all the best

You need an anti fungal wash diluted in water such as this here:

http://www.wickes.co.uk/Wickes-All-Purpose-Fungicidal-Wash-4 -Litre/p/600297

Whoever you get to do the job make sure an anti fungal solution is used. Anything else will clean off the mould but not stop it regrowth.

Good luck!

Cheers for the advice all.

Just use a mold killing bath spray. There is a spray to get rid of mold. Simply spray on leave 5 mins and wash off. Kills the mould straight off.

Dettol mould and mildew remover is what I used.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon wrote on Mon, 11 January 2016 19:15
    That looks like it might be worth it... I'll have a look into it. Cheers mate.

Quote Originally Posted by welshyoot wrote on Mon, 11 January 2016 19:37
    But the other issue is that the Dettol product comes in a spray and putting that on the walls will involve a dangerous amount of inhalation. That stuff is great for cleaning baths but not wide areas. Use the professional stuff which is painted on as indicated in my earlier post.

I've used it many times, works a charm

Quote Originally Posted by Wrong Side of the Severn wrote on Tue, 12 January 2016 09:12
    With respect that is not a good idea if you are dealing with mould over large areas. Of course if you are only planning to treat small areas the Dettol product will be fine.
    Have to agree with what is said here. You will need to ventilate the area, its rather noxious. And will smell like a swimming pool for a day. Fine for patches of mould, but if its covering a whole wall then use the fungicidal wash.