+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carwyn v farage link for live debate at 7

Re: Carwyn v farage link for live debate at 7

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote on Tue, 12 January 2016 00:22
    eric how much more tax would you like to pay or can you tell us what you would cut ? , or maybe you can afford a rise in the interest for your mortgage , let us know which one or maybe it's all 3
    How can we afford to give the most well off tax cuts at the expense of the least well off? Now, if that's your kind of politics, then up to you.

Eric,

My kind of politics is being able to stop companies selling their goods and services in the UK and yet domicile themselves in other parts of the EU. So they pay corporation their instead of here - you know the types of companies Starbucks, WHSmith, Google, FaceBook, Microsoft, HP, Vodaphone, Nestle etc.

There is an EU treaty that states any company can domicile themselves wherever they want in the EU (which is why a lot of them choose Ireland with a 12% rate). So Google for example transacts everything through Ireland - even on goods / services that have been bought in the UK.

To change this - needs a change to the EU treaty - that needs to be voted on and approved by ALL EU countries. That will never happen, and it's not even one of the 'conditions' Cameron wants.

Starbucks etc wont leave the UK - they still want to sell their coffee here, as do WH Smith sell books and Nestle sell chocolate etc - I think Farage proved that point more than once against Jones last night. Get them to pay their share of tax on their profits in the UK and you'd be 'quids in' - that's the politics I want - but it cant be achieved whilst inside the EU, which is why I am 60/40 on taking the OUT route as being in the best interests of the UK.

The same goes for the fishing quotas - which was also pointed out to Jones last night who was struck dumb for an answer - as there isnt one.

http:// www.walesonline.co.uk/news/politics/nigel-farage-who-won-ton ights-10718381

pps - Jones had no reply to the steel industry question either, re what he could have done to stop any closures - whereas Farage did - and pointed it out exactly to him, same goes for jobs and immigration. To be fair to Carwyn - he was pretty clueless

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote on Tue, 12 January 2016 08:19
    Eric,
    Congratulations for avoiding virtually everything in the message I wrote that you replied to.