+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: I got ID'd today

I got ID'd today

Not for alcohol, tobacco or lottery, but to throw some black bags into the household waste at Wedel Rd tip.

They were making sure no one from Newport, Barry or Ponty were offloading their shit in Cardiff.

Re: I got ID'd today

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris wrote on Fri, 22 January 2016 21:00
    Not for alcohol, tobacco or lottery, but to throw some black bags into the household waste at Wedel Rd tip.
    To easy, I'm not bothering.

Oddly, I too was ID'd in Asda this morning.
    First time there for yonks, shopping for the ingredients for what proved to be a stonking rogan josh. At the checkout, noticed a little sign saying ID required to prove over 25.
    Would she/wouldn't she ask?
    She did!
    Couldn't help noticing she jotted down my mobie number from my card on her copy of the till receipt.

Caused chaos there after Xmas as no one had ID and the queue was the length of wedsl rd for days

A number of years ago I was contacted by the local authority and accused of fly-tipping - as some of my mail (torn into strips) was found in a discarded black bin bag up in the hills. I explained that the tip was around the corner and I would not have bothered driving several miles to dispose of my stuff when it contained paperwork that could be tracked back to me. (And at the time my job involved tracking down criminals of another type).
    These days I either use my old paperwork to start up my log burner or I put it in an aluminium dustbin-like thingy and burn it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by goats wrote on Fri, 22 January 2016 21:13
    They were making sure no one from Newport, Barry or Ponty were offloading their shit in Cardiff.
    Yeah, Mike's made the classic mistake of thinking it was for age when it was probably just making sure no one from Barry or Ponty or Newport were offloading their shit.

Banned

The ID check is to monitor how much shit you are dumping over a given period.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi wrote on Fri, 22 January 2016 21:18
    Quote Originally Posted by goats wrote on Fri, 22 January 2016 21:13
    Not for age though Mike, just making sure you live in the capital. It is odd though, would people really travel all the way from the valleys to dump a car full of junk??
    The newer slimmer me looks 30 years younger.

I thought it was because so may people were ditching their iPhones at the tip because they just couldn't use this website.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy wrote on Fri, 22 January 2016 21:23
    bloke must have a good memory as he just checked i was a Cardiffian.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris wrote on Fri, 22 January 2016 21:34
    The aaaaaaa-accent is a dead giveaway.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris wrote on Fri, 22 January 2016 21:34
    Did he wear glasses?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Coch wrote on Fri, 22 January 2016 21:09
    Oddly, I too was ID'd in Asda this morning.
    FYP

Probably making sure you weren't a jack trying to take stuff away

My mum got ID'd for a bottle of wine in Florida last time we were there (she's 55)

We had to inform her that all Americans were retarded, otherwise her head would've grown too big to get out through the door.

I was surprised to get ID'd in a Harvester a few weeks ago...the guy serving me was only just legal to be serving me alcohol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott wrote on Fri, 22 January 2016 22:39
    My mum got ID'd for a bottle of wine in Florida last time we were there (she's 55)
    The US ID also identifies paedophiles and other crimes and whom then wouldn't be served. You got it. It's not a problem if having a soft drink!!!

I was surprised to get ID'd in a Harvester a few weeks ago...the guy serving me was only just legal to be serving me alcohol.
    (and background).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Coch wrote on Fri, 22 January 2016 23:00
    This is the prob us younger cats have.

Don't know what you're all moaning about. . I still get slightly offended when the woman in Tesco selects the 'think the customer is obviously over 25' option. Happened again this morning. FFS I'm only 54!

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Fri, 22 January 2016 21:16
    A number of years ago I was contacted by the local authority and accused of fly-tipping - as some of my mail (torn into strips) was found in a discarded black bin bag up in the hills. I explained that the tip was around the corner and I would not have bothered driving several miles to dispose of my stuff when it contained paperwork that could be tracked back to me. (And at the time my job involved tracking down criminals of another type).
    Easier still: Buy a shredder!

Quote Originally Posted by stfagansblue wrote on Sat, 23 January 2016 07:42
    Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Fri, 22 January 2016 21:16
    These days I either use my old paperwork to start up my log burner or I put it in an aluminium dustbin-like thingy and burn it that way.
    I did subsequently buy one but it is possible to buy software that can reconstruct the documents.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY wrote on Fri, 22 January 2016 23:00
    We had to inform her that all Americans were retarded, otherwise her head would've grown too big to get out through the door.
    This is the thing that annoys me most about Americans, it seems easier to buy a Glock than a Budweiser.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 wrote on Sat, 23 January 2016 07:50
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY wrote on Fri, 22 January 2016 23:00
    It's funny to think that it is possible to regularly see dramatisations of shootings on TV over there but a glimpse of bricklayer's bottom on the Jerry Springer show will be pixellated so as not to cause offence - and a sight of a woman's nipple results in media meltdown.