+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Hugely impressed by Joe Allen this week

Hugely impressed by Joe Allen this week

Turned the game around against NI and was MOTM against Ukraine tonight. Totally dominated midfield, cutting out attacks, running directly at their central midfield, and setting up attacks with clever passing.

Is he up there with Rambo now? Liverpool's rotation policy doesn't help his cause so perhaps he should seek a move in the summer and get some regular football under his belt.

Re: Hugely impressed by Joe Allen this week

Dunno when he became capable of domimating a game, but he's done it the last two games rather easily. Head and shoulders the best player in both games. We could have something special with him and rambo in midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy31 View Post
    Dunno when he became capable of domimating a game, but he's done it the last two games rather easily. Head and shoulders the best player in both games. We could have something special with him and rambo in midfield.
    Unfortunately, Ledley seems to be moving in the other direction as he looks slower in both thought and deed.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianboy View Post
    Unfortunately, Ledley seems to be moving in the other direction as he looks slower in both thought and deed.
    He always has been at international level when you compare him with the likes of Ramsey and Allen. I wouldn't have him on the plane.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    He always has been at international level when you compare him with the likes of Ramsey and Allen. I wouldn't have him on the plane.
    Central midfield seems to be our strongest department so there's plenty of competition with the likes of Rambo, Allen, King, Edwards and Huws.

Central midfield seems to be our strongest department so there's plenty of competition with the likes of Rambo, Allen, King, Edwards and Huws.
    Very much so.

And Darcy Blake.....

I've got to say, i was impressed with Ledley in both belgium games in the qualifiers, and also in the bosnia home game. Would love to see more of that in france. ATM I would rather start huws, think he has more ball playing ability, which is important in our team.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Very much so.

And Darcy Blake.....
    Imagine Rooney's face...........

Fair play!

Quote Originally Posted by tommy31 View Post
    I've got to say, i was impressed with Ledley in both belgium games in the qualifiers, and also in the bosnia home game. Would love to see more of that in france. ATM I would rather start huws, think he has more ball playing ability, which is important in our team.
    Ledley's biggest asset was his engine but with that seemingly gone he doesn't bring that much to the party anymore.

We also have a few decent centre halves; Williams, Chester, Collins, Davies, Dummett, and Gunter to an extent. Should we take all of them?

Waaay too early to be talking about players offering less than they used to. I was also disappointed by Joe's performance against Northern Ireland but you can bet on him raising his levels back to qualification best for Slovakia.

Joe Allen has been superb in the last two friendlies and I am so glad he's still fairly young.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Waaay too early to be talking about players offering less than they used to. I was also disappointed by Joe's performance against Northern Ireland but you can bet on him raising his levels back to qualification best for Slovakia.

Joe Allen has been superb in the last two friendlies and I am so glad he's still fairly young.
    I love your positive attitude - lets give Joe a chance to return to his best form!

#togetherstronger

Ledley's biggest asset was his engine but with that seemingly gone he doesn't bring that much to the party anymore.
    Apart from his dance moves

Quote Originally Posted by SgorauKoller View Post
    Apart from his dance moves
    And that fecking beard - I reckon that's what slowed him down!

And that fecking beard - I reckon that's what slowed him down!
    Aye. Makes him stronger though.

rooney blake.jpg

rooney blake 2.jpg

I follow a decent Liverpool fan on twitter who thought Allen would be out the door when Klopp arrived,but it seems he has worked extra hard to take on board everything Klopp is trying to instill into his side.
    Hes noticed a marked improvement in his attitude,work rate and confidence.
    Long may it continue.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Ha ha - fecking brilliant!

Ledley will be fine-different type of midfield player to the others.He will be in one of the holding roles and hopefully allow Allen, who has been superb, in the last 2 games and Ramsey to create something for the front men.Therein lies our biggest problem if Bale doesn't score!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPYS DEN View Post
    Ledley will be fine-different type of midfield player to the others.He will be in one of the holding roles and hopefully allow Allen, who has been superb, in the last 2 games and Ramsey to create something for the front men.Therein lies our biggest problem if Bale doesn't score!!!
    HRK can also play a part as his energy and running will stretch teams.

Allen is an excellent player, keeps the ball very well but doesn't create much.
    We are still totally dependant on Bale and Ramsey to create anything.
    The back 4 are fairly solid and protected well by the likes of Allen with his ability to keep the ball, but out wide and up front there's no spark, little skill and hardly any pace .
    Bale and Ramsey are so important in providing this.
    Johnny Williams also surely had to play, but will Coleman be too negative to include the likes of Williams and Huws in the big games and stick with his tried and tested to hope to bore the opposition to death and snatch something from the brilliance of Bale or Ramsey ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Allen is an excellent player, keeps the ball very well but doesn't create much.
    We are still totally dependant on Bale and Ramsey to create anything.
    The back 4 are fairly solid and protected well by the likes of Allen with his ability to keep the ball, but out wide and up front there's no spark, little skill and hardly any pace .
    Bale and Ramsey are so important in providing this.
    Johnny Williams also surely had to play, but will Coleman be too negative to include the likes of Williams and Huws in the big games and stick with his tried and tested to hope to bore the opposition to death and snatch something from the brilliance of Bale or Ramsey ?
    We've had Warren Ball now we're having Coleman Ball!

I agree, he was excellent

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pontprennau Blues View Post
    I agree, he was excellent
    Seconded :igovernor: