+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Despite the recent successes, I still want Slade replaced

Re: Despite the recent successes, I still want Slade replaced

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Bob I agree with everything above in another very well reasoned post.

As you are aware, I share very similar views to you with regards to the importance of the Academy and young players for the future of Cardiff City.

I watch a lot of academy football from the very young kids up to the u18s and there are some excellent players at all levels. Of course the younger kids have a long way to go before they'll ever get the chance to play professional football and a myriad of things could happen in that time, nevertheless I still think it's important for parents of these children to know that Cardiff is a club that will nurture their children and look to offer opportunities for first team football.

Clubs develop a reputation for themselves and this must count as a factor when parents choose which club their child will sign for. West Ham, Southampton, Crewe etc have a very good reputation for the attitude "if a kid is good enough he's old enough".

Despite me being critical of Slade regarding this issue would definitely like to see the club be more proactive in this as a whole.

I would like us to bring something of a director of football to the club where we can develop a more joined up footballing philosophy to the club so that Slade would be less inclined to look outside and more inclined to look within for replacements.

I think this has been difficult up until now because we have never had anything even remotely resembling a footballing philosophy at the club..

This is how I would like us to go forward. Do you think this could be attainable?
    Director of Football rarely works in this country, I think that talking aout bringing a director of football in to the club to help Slade just shows he's not up to the task long term. Yes he's done a decent job but lets remember in January everyone waas pretty much calling for his head and how the embargo was a blessing as noone trusted Slade in the transfer market after his previous signings for us. This to me tells me he is not the right man for the job to take us forwaard ,he's the right man if we want mid table every year in the Championship but in order for us to progress he needs to be replaced at end of season when his contract runs out

I wouldn't read anything into that, it's just standard football speak at this stage of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Bob I agree with everything above in another very well reasoned post.

As you are aware, I share very similar views to you with regards to the importance of the Academy and young players for the future of Cardiff City.

I watch a lot of academy football from the very young kids up to the u18s and there are some excellent players at all levels. Of course the younger kids have a long way to go before they'll ever get the chance to play professional football and a myriad of things could happen in that time, nevertheless I still think it's important for parents of these children to know that Cardiff is a club that will nurture their children and look to offer opportunities for first team football.

Clubs develop a reputation for themselves and this must count as a factor when parents choose which club their child will sign for. West Ham, Southampton, Crewe etc have a very good reputation for the attitude "if a kid is good enough he's old enough".

Despite me being critical of Slade regarding this issue would definitely like to see the club be more proactive in this as a whole.

I would like us to bring something of a director of football to the club where we can develop a more joined up footballing philosophy to the club so that Slade would be less inclined to look outside and more inclined to look within for replacements.

I think this has been difficult up until now because we have never had anything even remotely resembling a footballing philosophy at the club..

This is how I would like us to go forward. Do you think this could be attainable?
    I agree about a football philosophy being introduced Gringo with one small proviso. The relentless long ball stuff in the middle of last season used to do my head in, so I'd hope and expect that any footballing philosophy would be based on the sort of passing game we have been seeing more of over the past few months. The trouble is though that maybe I was spoilt by seeing Jay Bothroyd at his best in a City shirt and so the idea of mixing things up occasionally and keeping the opposition guessing by knocking aerials balls up to a target man or into the channels appeals to me - Bothroyd in his pomp was good enough to be effective as a target man in a passing approach or an aerial game and mobile, strong and quick enough to run the channels in a decent fashion.
    Even if we didn't have a formal structure as such, I'd want to see something in operation which worked against the sort of short termism which I believe has served us so poorly in the recent past - too often, Plans A, B and C have consisted of just throwing money at a problem.

Slade has to go at the end of the season NQAT , especially if we somehow fluke promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by tinhmoon View Post
    Slade has to go at the end of the season NQAT , especially if we somehow fluke promotion.
    How can you fluke promotion over a 46 (49 if we get play-offs) season?