+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Slade must go

Slade must go

Our manager put out a team today that couldn't string two passes together in the first half against a QPR team full of fringe players. And this is not a one off - many games this year have seen lacklustre performances from Slade's city. Slow in tempo, thought and deed.

In the middle of the park he plays Ralls and O'Keefe who are too similar too each other - we need a Jordan Mutch type player to run the ball box to box and introduce some decent passing.

Both of our full backs struggle going forward which further curtails our attacking opportunities.

Out wide he persists with Noone who has delivered very little in the last two season as he just runs down the right, cuts inside onto his left foot and then invariably loses possession. Why wasn't he subbed today?

Upfront he relies on two make shift strikers who are simply not up to the job - and its not their fault.

While his substitutions today were awful. Gunners for Whitts when we we're chasing for a goal? And why leave the direct running Lawrence on the bench while Noone is delivering nothing? Imagine the trouble he would have caused their shaky centre backs.

I can see no evidence that Slade is the man to take us forward next year - he needs replacing.
    Last edited by ninianboy; 16-04-16 at 16:47.

Re: Slade must go

Today 's substitutions completely summed our Russ up fecking clueless

Slade **** off

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Today 's substitutions completely summed our Russ up fecking clueless
    I was thinking he had learned something. He obviously hasn't.

Taking O'Keefe off was wrong. Putting Whittingham into the middle for a hapless 10 or so minutes when, of course, we were the team defending because we didn't have a midfield (as always happens, see previous posts, when Whittingham is one of 2 central midfielders) was cretinous.

If O'Keefe had to come off he should have been replaced by Gunnarson. Whittingham should have come off and been replaced by Lawrence. Pilkington / Immers should have come off and been replaced by Zohore. Lean streak of madness Ameobi should have been left on the bench.

Now he has let Whittingham go into central midfield again, even if only for 10-15 minutes before hooking him, I am of the view that Slade must not be allowed to stay. In combination with leaving O'Keefe out at Fulham, he is proving himself to be incapable at this level.

Also he never played Revell in goal.

Last edited by rich munn; 16-04-16 at 23:26.

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post

Taking O'Keefe off was wrong. Putting Whittingham into the middle for a hapless 10 or so minutes when, of course, we were the team defending because we didn't have a midfield (as always happens, see previous posts, when Whittingham is one of 2 central midfielders) was cretinous.

If O'Keefe had to come off he should have been replaced by Gunnarson. Whittingham should have come off and been replaced by Lawrence. Pilkington / Immers should have come off and been replaced by Zohore. Lean streak of madness Ameobi should have been left on the bench.

Now he has let Whittingham go into central midfield again, even if only for 10-15 minutes before hooking him, I am of the view that Slade must not be allowed to stay. In combination with leaving O'Keefe out at Fulham, he is proving himself to be incapable at this level.

I felt the same. Last 20 minutes
    QPR were there for the taking.
    The substitutions were ludicrous.
    Added to that he subbed Whitts when we had a free kick in a dangerous area.
    Noone completely fluffed it.

I reckon if he'd left Immers on and taken Noone off for Lawrence and Whitts off for Zahore we would have won.

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post

And our best player (Marshall) is never played up front.

I felt absolutely furious leaving the ground yesterday, as the only reason why we never won that match was down to Slades incompetence. The substitutions were an absolute joke and to take Whitts off when we had a free kick in an area of the pitch where Whitts is lethal is just criminal.
    QPR had their third choice keeper play in that game, yet we never really tested him. We should have peppered him with shots and crosses, but it never really happened. Vinny Tan would have been better in the dugout yesterday than Slade.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Miethig View Post
    I felt absolutely furious leaving the ground yesterday, as the only reason why we never won that match was down to Slades incompetence. The substitutions were an absolute joke and to take Whitts off when we had a free kick in an area of the pitch where Whitts is lethal is just criminal.
    QPR had their third choice keeper play in that game, yet we never really tested him. We should have peppered him with shots and crosses, but it never really happened. Vinny Tan would have been better in the dugout yesterday than Slade.

This slide bashing is pathetic. We should have comfortably won that game yesterday and the reason we didn't was nothing to do with shade at all. It was finishing off chances and composure in front of goal and just an once of luck that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    This slide bashing is pathetic. We should have comfortably won that game yesterday and the reason we didn't was nothing to do with shade at all. It was finishing off chances and composure in front of goal and just an once of luck that's all.
    Quite right. Leave slide alone, and why blame the less sunny part of the playing field?

In other football news, Cardiff City 'Manager' Russell Slade reverted to being a bit boring, having masterminded a real damp squib of an ending to our 'campaign' and quite possibly may not be very good after all.
    Time will (probably still) tell.

I wouldn't blame Slade, we had more than enough chances to score but couldn't

Just one of those days, I guess

People should just face the fact we aint good enough this season. We struggled to break down a QPR side that were on the beach and what we had on the bench was totally uninspiring and was never going to improve it.
    Bash Slade if you must but he has taken us forward from the mess we were when Ole left and taken us forward again this year.
    Obviously not as quick as many on here would like but be careful what you wish for.

Banned

You should all support man utd mun

Quote Originally Posted by nugent View Post
    You should all support man utd mun