+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 42 games and 86 minutes too late

42 games and 86 minutes too late

We've found a striker. Maybe one just to bring on for 30 minutes, but Zohore was a real threat tonight. Why oh why was he left so late to be brought on ?

Re: 42 games and 86 minutes too late

He should have started him. We needed to get in front, then we could have brought Pilkington on and played the 4-5-1. I don't understand Slades thinking at all.
    That being said, if he does finally see sense and start playing him then there is still a small chance. You'd have to fancy Derby to beat Sheff Wed on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    We've found a striker. Maybe one just to bring on for 30 minutes, but Zohore was a real threat tonight. Why oh why was he left so late to be brought on ?
    Reminds me so much of Gestede. When Rudi came here he was very raw, but by the time Mackay decided he wasn't good enough for the Prem and brought in Cornelious instead he was proving a real handful for Championship defences.
    I think Zahore is not as raw as Rudi was at this stage and with the right handling he could be a real asset if he stays for next Season.
    Is Slade the right manager to handle him. I don't think so unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    He should have started him. We needed to get in front, then we could have brought Pilkington on and played the 4-5-1. I don't understand Slades thinking at all.
    That being said, if he does finally see sense and start playing him then there is still a small chance. You'd have to fancy Derby to beat Sheff Wed on Saturday.
    Not sure about starting him, but give the lad more than 10 minutes ffs. Especially when we created f-all without him

You were creaming yourself over Pilkington as striker not so long back and wouldn't have a word said against Slade.

This thread leaves a poor taste and stinks of double standards.

In a game like tonight when a win was vital, we had to go and try and win it from the very start. On the evidence of the previous three games were we just haven't been converting the chances we've been making I would say it was clear that we had to try and score first. Slade dropped a big bollock again tonight, I just hope he clears the shite from his eyes and starts him on Saturday.

I like Pilkington up front, but not in his own - plus when you are chasing a game and have a big target man on the bench then don't leave it so late.

Also I've asked for Slade to be given a chance. Doesn't mean I can't criticise him if he cocks up.

You just behave like a child.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    You were creaming yourself over Pilkington as striker not so long back and wouldn't have a word said against Slade.

This thread leaves a poor taste and stinks of double standards.
    I assume you mean Lawnmower? I'm not sure I've ever creamed myself over a footballer. Anyway playing Pilkington worked well to start off with so it's hardly surprising there were some that did "cream themselves", whatever that is.

Not even Tandy and Chepstow can defend him after tonight although I'm sure they will try. The guy is in way over his head and I don't think he even knows how to set a team up to try and win a game #cluelessslade

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    I assume you mean Lawnmower? I'm not sure I've ever creamed myself over a footballer. Anyway playing Pilkington worked well to start off with so it's hardly surprising there were some that did "cream themselves", whatever that is.
    I'm on my way back now after a long day.
    What he missed was Pilkington was still on when Zahore came on .

2 points from reading away, Fulham away, Brentford away and qpr home is terrible. None of them had anything to play for.
    If we'd had warnock here we'd be promoted already.

They probably stick to their game plan.

I'm on my way back now after a long day.
    What he missed was Pilkington was still on when Zahore came on .
    On top of that I said about 'Zohore'... Maybe one to bring on for 30 minutes.

I'm not convinced he's a 90 minute player yet, but great to use against tired legs.
    Very strong and has made chances every time he's come on. Hopefully the goal will have given him a confidence boost

On top of that I said about 'Zohore'... Maybe one to bring on for 30 minutes.

I'm not convinced he's a 90 minute player yet, but great to use against tired legs.
    Very strong and has made chances every time he's come on. Hopefully the goal will have given him a confidence boost
    I agree mate. It's all well and good Slade saying he has missed chances but the fact is that he is the only brave enough to get into positions to miss chances at the moment.