+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A4232 Extension Fianaly Started

A4232 Extension Fianaly Started

I see over the last several weeks that work has finally started on the extension from the Butetown Tunnels to the Roundabout to nowhere (by Cardiff Docks). This will safe time when it comes to travelling to the Ocean Road roundabout.

However looking at how its all lining up, will they actually use the 'Ski Jump' at the end of the tunnels, or will it be a roundabout junction (like the ones in Pentwyn).

Also are there any plans to go further than ocean way roundabout. I think it would make sense for it to swing to the seafront behind the gypsi camp travel along coast up past llanrhymney then somehow connect to the other part of a4232 on junction 30

Don't seem to be much plans there only little scetches

Re: A4232 Extension Fianaly Started

I hear it's going straight through Llanrumney and St Mellons with a Disney park being erected between them both. And a potential airport called Llandmellons international airport.

Apparently just that little section they are currently building is costing something like £50m!!! And that's taken them about twenty years to get started. I don't think there's money for it to go further just yet.

I read that £50m to do about 1 mile of road, either the bridge is made out of gold, someone is on the take, or the whole section is elevated. God knows cant find any proper plans

Think it started a while back but they've only cut down the trees around the roundabout not so long ago, so the works are only recently noticeable. Will be a huge relief on traffic coming through the tunnels etc as well as saving time on journeys in that direction. Don't think they are using the ski jump sadly, I heard it will just be a junction off that roundabout. Shame, as that won't make it as free flowing as it could have been.

What will happen if you will have queues in the tunnels as people try to use the new road. If they are going to do the job do it properly

Quote Originally Posted by ewennifachblue View Post
    What will happen if you will have queues in the tunnels as people try to use the new road. If they are going to do the job do it properly
    Hopefully they will alter the set up of the roundabout in some way so that traffic going off at the first exit is not held up by traffic queuing to use the new road. Think they will have to do something if the flyover is not being completed.

57 million for 900 yds of road ,somebody posted on here last month

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    57 million for 900 yds of road ,somebody posted on here last month
    Yeah just did the measurmenets on Google Maps from roundabout to roundabout direct as the crow flies, 900 meters, so i'm sure will be close to 1km with it doing a bit of winding around. It's much less distance than I thought. If it really is £50m for that something i going wrong somewhere surely!?

I'm Willing to bet it's cheaper per mile than any of the major transport infrastructure projects planned or underway in London

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Apparently just that little section they are currently building is costing something like £50m!!! And that's taken them about twenty years to get started. I don't think there's money for it to go further just yet.
    The council should pop into the gypsey camp by there, ask them if they will Tarmac the other mile past them. I bet they would do it for say a cool 50 grand.....

Quote Originally Posted by jnc90 View Post
    Yeah just did the measurmenets on Google Maps from roundabout to roundabout direct as the crow flies, 900 meters, so i'm sure will be close to 1km with it doing a bit of winding around. It's much less distance than I thought. If it really is £50m for that something i going wrong somewhere surely!?
    The thing that's gone wrong is that cardiff council have had control of it, that means 10 years of all expenses paid jollies, endless plans at the most extortionate rates believable. I've seen them spend millions on projects that never even get off the ground. In short, it's called being labour.

..not to mention two new spellings for Gypsy/Gypsies..

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    The thing that's gone wrong is that cardiff council have had control of it, that means 10 years of all expenses paid jollies, endless plans at the most extortionate rates believable. I've seen them spend millions on projects that never even get off the ground. In short, it's called being labour.
    While at the same time "jacking up" the council tax!