+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: RUSSELL SLADE REMOVED AS MANAGER OF CCFC

Re: RUSSELL SLADE REMOVED AS MANAGER OF CCFC

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Who, from 2.30 PM this afternoon are these mythical 'lower championship teams'.

Given we are likely to be losing 2-3 of our better players we might not be seen as one of the divisions better clubs for much longer.
    There are teams who are chasing promotion (either because they've spent for it or built towards it), teams who have ambitions to compete for 6th place but most will fall into the midtable category, there are those who want a steady season in midtable but know they risk getting dragged down into a fight to stay in this competitive league and then there are those who feel dwarfed in this league and would be happy just to stay up.

I think Slade could walk into anything but the first two groups, but I would not trust him to find the next Jamie Vardy or develop the next Dele Ali. I'm not even sure his strengths fall under building over the next couple of years. If I had to place him into a role based on his strngths (maybe not so because he's never fully hit it off with the fans) it would be lifetime president, especialthat can be such a temprrary thing.

Lifetime president. Wtf?!?!

The guy has been here less than 2 years and doesn't deserve a lifetime role.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    There are teams who are chasing promotion (either because they've spent for it or built towards it), teams who have ambitions to compete for 6th place but most will fall into the midtable category, there are those who want a steady season in midtable but know they risk getting dragged down into a fight to stay in this competitive league and then there are those who feel dwarfed in this league and would be happy just to stay up.

I think Slade could walk into anything but the first two groups, but I would not trust him to find the next Jamie Vardy or develop the next Dele Ali. I'm not even sure his strengths fall under building over the next couple of years. If I had to place him into a role based on his strngths (maybe not so because he's never fully hit it off with the fans) it would be lifetime president, especialthat can be such a temprrary thing.
    Hard to see what sides won't be looking to be top 6 next season, maybe the promoted teams, but they are unlikely to have vacancies, Huddersfield, Rotherham maybe... but there's not a lot.

I'm not a happy-clapper type fan but think he should be given more credit overall. I suspect it won't be long before we're all moaning about the next appointment.

In case we win the league season, note that I did say "more credit" which could mean anything really.

Since we beat Bristol at their place we have picked up only 13 points from the remaining 11 games. So bad.

So long Russell, you won't be missed

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    This is worrying. No one should want us to become Vincent Tan FC (again).

Regarding Slade: not very good with the media, nor developing youth players, finding players even in markets he knows better than most, doesn't do anything interesting tactically. What odes a Head of Football do again?
    Think you're reading too much into that. He might get a job at KVK or Bosnia. Further away from Cardiff the better mate

Re: Slade's fate to be decided in next two or three days.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    I cant see Bellamy wanting it.

By looking at the structure currently at the club it looks like the club wants to run a transfer system independently from the manager, i would suggest Slade would then be working in this area, as a head of scouting and transfers.

I cannot see Bellamy taking a job where he wouldn't be in control of the players coming in. I would like to think he would want to be in full control.

The wording of head coach implies the European system where the manager simply controls coaching, training, team selection and tactics.

I would suggest that we may be looking at a relatively unknown European manager.
    i

Or perhaps another lower league manager to report directly to Slade ?

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    Scott Young out !
    Hopefully any new manager will have the balls to insist on bringing his own back room team

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    six finished above us Russ. You are a useless **** , now **** off.

xx
    Actually 7......

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Actually 7......
    7 above us, then us, so 16 below us.