+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: City's two year holding and clear out program

City's two year holding and clear out program

Felt for a long while the appointment of Russell Slade was a strategic one, allowing the club to use the last two years , to clear out the dross , use the parachute money to support that process, with a view to hopefully start afresh next yeaer , with a relativity clean slate .

You would not achieve that with a big ego manager in tow during that period , as they always want lots of dosh . The FFP situation was there to see , with wages/contracts both high and long , and inward revenues low

Slade's appointment has allowed the club to push through that unpopular stuff ,whilst surviving in the Championship , to avoid becoming a Bolton or Pompey .

It's nothing but a gut feeling ,however, it would not shock me to find out that Slade was privy to these plans and the play off came out of the blue ( unpopular as Slade has become in some quarters, he delivered his goals IMO, and the club rightly have been loyal to him, well done the City, in this cut throat world of football ).

If Bellamy is not installed as the new coach I would be shocked , unless Young and Gabb's are planning a reunion .

Blue in the Face

Re: City's two year holding and clear out program

Agree with all this.

Looking back, the club was also right to display public loyalty to Slade when initially he seemed to be a much poorer appointment that he actually turned out to be. After Moody's home was rightly or wrongly raided and personal messages made public, we hardly looked a welcoming place for any new managers. Especially if we want to entice the right person to carve out long term plans for the club.

With less excess baggage in the playing squad on on the wage bill, hopefully we look a much more attractive proposition now.

I think that's a pretty fair summary of what's gone on, though I think if the football was a bit better to watch Slade would still be manager . The move "upstairs " is possibly down to Choo as he has to watch us live , or only half alive in the last two months.

Does anyone know where we stand on FFP and the embargo ? I'm sure amy new appointment from outside wouldn't want his hands tied even if the transfer kitty wasn't huge.

Quote Originally Posted by random in Berks View Post
    I think that's a pretty fair summary of what's gone on, though I think if the football was a bit better to watch Slade would still be manager . The move "upstairs " is possibly down to Choo as he has to watch us live , or only half alive in the last two months.

Does anyone know where we stand on FFP and the embargo ? I'm sure amy new appointment from outside wouldn't want his hands tied even if the transfer kitty wasn't huge.

The Football League has confirmed that as of 2.30pm on Saturday, 7th May 2016, Cardiff City Football Club will no longer be under a Financial Fair Play embargo.

The Club will therefore be able to operate without FFP restrictions during the forthcoming summer transfer window.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...city-11298288?

Slades sideways move has been timed to coincide with the lifting of the embargo.

Thanks Jon it was being posted as I posted the question ,can't get more up to date than that.
    Also seems so Jeremy .

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Slades sideways move has been timed to coincide with the lifting of the embargo.
    Oh that's a coincidence,perhaps a plan ?