+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Lex Complex

Blue in the Face

The Lex Complex

To all the Lex Immers bummers out there. Apparently "an unnamed club" are in for Lex.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...ship-11315446?

Could be just agent or WOL hot air. So should Cardiff try and sign Lex permanently with our limited budget without a new manager/head coach in place? Given Lex's lack of pace, he may not be tactically perfect for every manager.

Re: The Lex Complex

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    To all the Lex Immers bummers out there. Apparently "an unnamed club" are in for Lex.

Could be just agent or WOL hot air. So should Cardiff try and sign Lex permanently with our limited budget without a new manager/head coach in place? Given Lex's lack of pace, he may not be tactically perfect for every manager.
    I think what he lacks in pace he makes up for in hold up play, control and positioning.
    I think he should be number 1 on the players we need to sign, manager or no manager.

Blue in the Face

Hey Spanker. Spanks for your reply.

Would Lex fit into any manager's style of play though? I like Lex a lot as a player but our team is crying out for some pace. So long as we get some pace in around him. The best thing about Lex for me is his movement. So much static movement in our team which needs to be addressed.

I guess there is no need to panic buy. Surely we'll have a new manager in place when the transfer window opens.
    Last edited by Blue in the Face; 11-05-16 at 11:12.

Would Lex fit into any manager's style of play though? I like Lex a lot as a player but our team is crying out for some pace. So long as we get some pace in around him. The best thing about Lex for me is his movement. So much static movement in our team which needs to be addressed.

I guess there is no need to panic buy. Surely we'll have a new manager in place when the transfer window opens.

I think Lex would be a great option for any incoming manager.

I would love us to sign a number 10 in the mould of Alex Pritchard but Lex's ability to shut down the opposition number would certainly be very useful against the better sides in the division. Add to that the fact that he can score goals and I would definitely be looking to sign him

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I think Lex would be a great option for any incoming manager.

I would love us to sign a number 10 in the mould of Alex Pritchard but Lex's ability to shut down the opposition number would certainly be very useful against the better sides in the division. Add to that the fact that he can score goals and I would definitely be looking to sign him
    Goals. Oh yeah! Forgot about those. Sign him up!!!

Think the key to recruitment this summer is signing players with good movement off the ball. We been flat in that department for years it feels.

I believe Lex is coming back .

The guy is good enough to build the team round him.

International

Is that like standing still while you move?