+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Immigration

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Immigration

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Whilst we are in the EU, we have a say on how those rules are set. We also have a veto on new member states.

Leave, and we lose that veto and we lose our influence over the rules.

UKIP are playing on, what I believe to be, inherent British mistrust of foreigners.

They are telling you about how bad things are, they're telling you who to blame, but they're not offering any real solutions, other than the one that suits their agenda to seize power I.e Leave, the EU, the magic bullet that will solve all your problems. Except it won't.
    They don't need to offer solutions. They've, probably correctly, identified immigration as a vote winner. This thread has shown that people will think, they've said it's a problem so 'why wouldn't' they spend lots of money on it? Even though 'they', in this case, are two different groups of people.

This referendum is very unlike a GE, where a campaign can make pretty much any promise about what life would be like after but it's not part of a manifesto and they don't have direct control to achieve it, so there is no accountability after. And that is true for both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    They don't need to offer solutions. They've, probably correctly, identified immigration as a vote winner. This thread has shown that people will think, they've said it's a problem so 'why wouldn't' they spend lots of money on it? Even though 'they', in this case, are two different groups of people.

This referendum is very unlike a GE, where a campaign can make pretty much any promise about what life would be like after but it's not part of a manifesto and they don't have direct control to achieve it, so there is no accountability after. And that is true for both sides.
    The latest line being pedaled by REMAIN politicians is that immigration issues can be resolved within a reformed EU. What nonsense! Free movement will be retained for as long as some countries are happy to see their unemployed moving elsewhere. Indeed one eastern European leader has said as much. The EU are not interested in reform.Their agenda is about expanding their ideology.

I have been agonising about how I shall vote as there are many arguments for and against but the most compelling arguments for me are more about democracy rather than immigration although it has to be said that if numbers continue at their present level the population will expand faster than public services will be able to cope.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    The latest line being pedaled by REMAIN politicians is that immigration issues can be resolved within a reformed EU. What nonsense! Free movement will be retained for as long as some countries are happy to see their unemployed moving elsewhere. Indeed one eastern European leader has said as much. The EU are not interested in reform.Their agenda is about expanding their ideology.

I have been agonising about how I shall vote as there are many arguments for and against but the most compelling arguments for me are more about democracy rather than immigration although it has to be said that if numbers continue at their present level the population will expand faster than public services will be able to cope.
    I think it's fair to say that immigration problems are not going to be solved by a swish of the wand by us voting to Leave or Remain.