+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For me Wales are winners already

Re: For me Wales are winners already

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Cracking piece from yesterdays Independent.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...-a7110861.html

When a trip of the World War I graveyards was organised after the Euro 2016 qualifier against Friday night’s opponents – Belgium - Bale specifically asked if the team could see the grave of Hedd Wyn, the Welsh poet killed at the Battle of Passchendaele just weeks before being posthumously awarded the Bardic Chair at the 1917 National Eisteddfod. Bale’s mother had told him the story years earlier and he was intrigued.

That's is a superb piece mate. I look forward to reading Wathan's book too. Despite him being a jack he is the one journalist attached to Wales online who seems to know his stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Cracking piece from yesterdays Independent.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...-a7110861.html

When a trip of the World War I graveyards was organised after the Euro 2016 qualifier against Friday night’s opponents – Belgium - Bale specifically asked if the team could see the grave of Hedd Wyn, the Welsh poet killed at the Battle of Passchendaele just weeks before being posthumously awarded the Bardic Chair at the 1917 National Eisteddfod. Bale’s mother had told him the story years earlier and he was intrigued.
    Great article. Bit odd how he doesn't say what yma o hyd is actually about, but I suppose he can't. Thanks for sharing

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    That's is a superb piece mate. I look forward to reading Wathan's book too. Despite him being a jack he is the one journalist attached to Wales online who seems to know his stuff.
    Apart from his recent markings of the Welsh players in the England game where he seemed to have some sort of brainstorm, Chris Wathan always writes good quality, interesting stuff (just ordered his book) - I don't think the new bloke (Phil Smith?) is too bad either.

The standard of journalism with walesonline (not counting your good self of course) has been shocking over the years Bob.

It's good to see we are now finally producing some journalists with their finger on the pulse

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Apart from his recent markings of the Welsh players in the England game where he seemed to have some sort of brainstorm, Chris Wathan always writes good quality, interesting stuff (just ordered his book) - I don't think the new bloke (Phil Smith?) is too bad either.
    I agree - and also ordered Watham's book (having finished Bryn Law's and almost all of the updated Red Dragons by Phil Stead).

I think Phil Smith (from exchanges in a Blakey's Bootroom last season) is a Boro fan, and English. But he has quickly filled the Terry Phillips role at WalesOnline and left Steve Tucker to carry on with the unresearched, clownish, self-satisfied froth that he has made his own over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I agree - and also ordered Watham's book (having finished Bryn Law's and almost all of the updated Red Dragons by Phil Stead).

I think Phil Smith (from exchanges in a Blakey's Bootroom last season) is a Boro fan, and English. But he has quickly filled the Terry Phillips role at WalesOnline and left Steve Tucker to carry on with the unresearched, clownish, self-satisfied froth that he has made his own over the years.
    Think he's a Sunderland fan Jon - I seem to remember him saying we could do a lot worse than look at Poyet for our next manager.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Think he's a Sunderland fan Jon - I seem to remember him saying we could do a lot worse than look at Poyet for our next manager.
    Ah, my mistake. I knew it was a north east club but not Newcastle - and Stelling has got Hartlepool covered!

He seems to be a good writer, and knows his stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Excellent article.

Also enjoyed the picture of Johnny Williams and his erection.

What a whopper :)

Banned

Mike. Good to see you give the FAW some much deserved credit. They have got a lot right. The appointments of Speed and Coleman,playing home games at the CCS, ticketing strategy etc etc.
    They have gotten the small things right too. I mentioned that Dai Griffiths met my mum at a family wedding just over a year ago. When mum passed away last year he sent a condolence card. He didn't need to but still made the effort.

Well done the FAW

There is so much more left to win.