+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: First time you went to Ninian Park

Re: First time you went to Ninian Park

City v Leicester, 1969, drew 1-1, Peter Shilton was in goal for them. Refused to go back until we sold Toshack.

my first game was wales playing yogoslavea

what year was that

tosh played that game

relly big croud and crap ref

40 years tomorrow. A 2-1 defeat against Bristol Rovers in the league cup. August 25th 76. Clive Charles with a penalty for City. Been hooked ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by Something Blue View Post
    Jesus! I've never seen that clip thanks, yes poor was putting it very mildly, I was only 10 though so didn't remember how monumentally shit it was!
    duncan mckenzie jesus, what a player he was forest, leeds , anderlecht, everton , a class act .

a total maverick, up there with stan bowles, frank worthington, tony currie, and many others of that time, loads of ability but would never conform in a million years

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

18 Apr 1964 against Southampton lost 2-4. No idea who scored but I remember vividly how long the summer felt waiting for the chance to go again when the next season started

First game was against Ipswich town 0-0

That was the season we had a run in the European Cup Winners cup

and the song that rang in my head "His name is Jimmy Scoular he’s the leader of the blues, we never get beat at Ninian park we never ever lose..." yeah

Happy days

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    October 1970 v Leciester 2-2.

Uncle was down from Leicester and my dad took us.

If I recall, Toshack and Clarke were the scorers for us, that season came down to the wire if I remember right, with Leicester winning promotion to the old first division, with us missing out. We then sold Toshack to Liverpool and the rest as they say is history.
    I was married that day

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    I was married that day
    Yes, but did you enjoy the game?

Am pleased and proud to say that my first visit to Ninian Park was for a Wales match aged 8. Youtube link below:

https://youtu.be/EGOHPh-UItA

For some unfathomable reason I was hooked to the place, and my first live City match was this one:

http://www.11v11.com/matches/cardiff...er-1986-49271/

[QUOTE=Jordi Culé;4663971]Bob, help me with this match please sir.

First match was City v Brighton, 1979, City winning 3-1.

I've tried the head to heads databases but can't find the details of the match.
    That was one of my favourite city matches ever.
    Peter award put in Brighton one up then City stormed back to win 3-1, which was quite a turn around against a Brighton team gunning for the first division,?that's the old First division. Tony Evans got one, can't recall who else scored.
    I seem to recall Rod Thomas finishing the match with a bandage following a nasty head cut.

City were on a great end Of season run under Richie Morgan and beat another promotion favourite Sunderland away. Those were good times watching the city with their iconic

April 1976. City 2-0 Hereford.

My second game (and first time on the Grange End) was also against Hereford later that year.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Yes, but did you enjoy the game?
    Yes from reading the Football Echo

International

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    My first game was home to Spurs. I was seven years of age and think it was 1960 ?

I think we won 3-2 (or did we lose 3-2 ?)

Couldn't see too much from the terraces although Spurs had Greaves and Brown up front with Blanchflower, Mac Kay, White, Medwin etc..
    Fantastic team. City went down that year.

I did see the Arsenal game you mentioned. Although 0-0 the atmosphere was fantastic.
    I believe we were top of the second division while they were top of the first ?
    Never seen a crowd like it since.
    It was 11 March 1961 (60-61 season) It was my first game too. We won 3 - 2. (Spurs won the league and we got relegated lo Bit like us and Man City in the Prem) It was a night game under floodlights in the season spurs did the double. attendance over 45,000. I sat on my fathers shoulders all through the game. Wales had beaten Ireland 3 - 0 in a packed Cardiff Arms Park that afternoon and my father took me to both games. Better than any christmas I ever had.

22 August 1959 - 3-2 win over Liverpool. I remember virtually nothing of the game other than it was a sunny day and the pitch looked perfect ( it was the first game of the season so that wasn't going to last) and also we had a black player playing for us which was unusual in those days - Steve Mokone who also scored that day.

OMG I thought I was an oldie!
    Soome people have been going 10 years before me!

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    22 August 1959 - 3-2 win over Liverpool. I remember virtually nothing of the game other than it was a sunny day and the pitch looked perfect ( it was the first game of the season so that wasn't going to last) and also we had a black player playing for us which was unusual in those days - Steve Mokone who also scored that day.
    them were the days , beating liverpool

then everybody went home had bread and jam for tea, listened to the wireless blew the candles out and went to bed.