Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
Felt a bit sorry for Ricky today, it's obvious that he doesn't possess any pace, and i'm not sure that he's the kind of striker who will create that little bit of space in the box by peeling off a player, he looks more of a powerhouse, strengh and aggression are maybe the key components to his game. What he did show today, was a good first touch, yet not one player was getting beyond him, or demanded the ball, there were times when he had to put his foot on the ball because their waKads no support or a player with enough determination to make that run and pull the Leeds defense about. There is so much wrong on the pitch at the moment, there are no characters, there is no noise, it doesn't look like the players fancy it, and that's massively worrying. I'd love to end this post on a positive, but i just can't think of one-there seems to be major problems at the club that are affecting the players, what else can it be? I've never seen a group of players so unwilling to take risks or act asscertively . After just 7 or 8 games, confidence looks shot, that's a massive problem.
Thanks for writing this - I was just about to make the same post. That elusive bubble of confidence and belief has well and truly burst for the players. They were abject against a poor Leeds side and we NEVER looked like imposing any form of order on the game. The epitome of this for me is Ralls who looked slow and terrified all afternoon. No idea what they've said to him but he looks a shadow of the player he was last year. I was hoping he'd step up this year but he's stepped off by the look of it...

I'm now genuinely concerned for our season as I don't see where we go from here. The positives from the game today that I saw were:

1. Amos looks like he has something solid and reassuring about him - good to see him bollocking his players when they let Leeds through

2. Kadeem still has that desire and ability to get forward - though why he was then placed at right back when Connolly came off was beyond me

3. Lambert has a great touch and pass, and is really good at holding the ball up. Not that it matters if there is no-one in support

4. Gunnarsson really put a shift in. However his inability to keep a move going once he's won the ball is his Achilles heel. One early pass to Noone when we had them in trouble was so poor it didn't warrant the label of being shit.

So this season is now a Relegation fight already - and one I can't see us winning based on these first games. Still, every club wants to win and someone has to miss out. I don't see how to change this without changing the coach and settling on a first team squad that can actually play football.

For me the only players who should automatically be in the team at this point are:

Amos
Peltier
Connolly
Whitts (if only to ensure we have someone who can pass the ball to another player on our team)

Everyone else has yet to earn the right to play