+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Qatar enforce no alcohol in public spaces 2022

Re: Qatar enforce no alcohol in public spaces 2022

As long as they don't ban plastic chairs aswell then the England fans would still go.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird since 1948 View Post
    This is there way of doing things and it must be respected. I hate Muslims coming over here and making demands on changing our way of life to match their homelands. I am not going to advocate the western world trying to push them in a direction they don't want to go into.
    Again, absolutely spot on.

Longest flight would be 6 and half hours from Heathrow for Russia.

Typing in a few of the places apart from Moscow etc, not sure I'd go out of my way to go there tbh.

😀😀😀

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post

Longest flight would be 6 and half hours from Heathrow for Russia.

Typing in a few of the places apart from Moscow etc, not sure I'd go out of my way to go there tbh.
    I think Kalininingrad would be interesting.

[QUOTE=MacAdder;4693198]Alcohol is readily available in Qatar, usually the hotels, it is just not "in your face".
    There are strict rules on signing in if you aren't a resident, with your passport etc, and often there is a charge, similar to going to a night club I guess.
    Plenty of "lapsed" Muslims also frequent them.
    Okay, you cannot tar everyone with the same brush but the authorities are more than happy to serve it up as they are making a fortune.
    I'd liken it to prohibition in the 30's in that it goes on... but it costs you!

Indeed, I was exchanging messages with a ex-sqaddie mate of mine who is currently working in Doha, he is doing security work, though a little cheesed of as he has just learnt that he has to return home at 55 ( in 3 years time ) , he said that they will have bar's set-up in all the hotel grounds for the fans, they will not miss a trick to take money

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    They usually do to be fair
    Ark at the perennial qualifiers ....