+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Andy Campbell is today';s guest at CCS

Andy Campbell is today';s guest at CCS

Remember this game

Re: Andy Campbell is today';s guest at CCS

Hairs still stand up on the back of the neck no matter how many times I watch that goal.
    Amazing day

Re: Andy Campbell is today';s guest at

I heard him talking about that goal and saying how he was blubbing away like a baby at the bottom of the celebratory player pile-on that followed. Quite touching how much it meant to him.

The company my daughter-in-law works for were corporate sponsors of QPR, and a couple of years back I went with my son to see them play and with the corporate hospitality thrown in.

Danny Shittu was the guest speaker that day. He done the usual PR around the tables and after coming over to ours and after a little gentle banter he picked up on our accents. He burst into laughter and said that we were the first Cardiff supporters he had ever come across that never brought up the f'ing playoffs and never asked why he had backed off Campbell as opposed to clattering him into the middle of next week. He says that he still had nightmares about it, but the fact was that he was out on his feet and was running on auto at the time and simply just could not react to catch him let alone bury him. - good days!