+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Peltier Final Whistle?

Peltier Final Whistle?

Seemed very wound up and wanted to go down the tunnel straight after FT.

Colin had to restrain him several times before he went off the pitch..

Re: Peltier Final Whistle?

There seemed to be an issue between him and one of the Huddersfield staff. No idea why but he was pulled away and then ushered down the tunnel.

I was by the home dug out and warnock seemed to be having a go at peltier all game.
    my interpretation (usually wrong) was that he wanted peltier to go down and applaud the canton but he didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    I was by the home dug out and warnock seemed to be having a go at peltier all game.
    my interpretation (usually wrong) was that he wanted peltier to go down and applaud the canton but he didn't.
    Not sure about that. Peltier was the first player to applaud the Canton.

City players seemed to be restraining him from confronting a Huddersfield player/official. He was very wound up for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Not sure about that. Peltier was the first player to applaud the Canton.

City players seemed to be restraining him from confronting a Huddersfield player/official. He was very wound up for some reason.
    Exactly how I saw it. He was really upset about something...

Anything to do with a foul in the lead up to theory 2nd goal ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    I noticed our Neil was going ballistic after that goal too. Didnt see anything myself like.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Don't think so, it seemed to be to do with someone in their coaching staff but can't be sure as Neil made sure he didn't get anywhere near whoever he was going for...

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I noticed our Neil was going ballistic after that goal too. Didnt see anything myself like.
    Joe Bennett was fouled as he tried to get the ball clear right in front of us in the grandstand but the ref tried to let him play on as if he'd got enough of an advantage - it was a clear foul and should have been given. Joe protested it after their goal

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Joe Bennett was fouled as he tried to get the ball clear right in front of us in the grandstand but the ref tried to let him play on as if he'd got enough of an advantage - it was a clear foul and should have been given. Joe protested it after their goal
    Absolutely no advantage for us to be played amd they eventually score a world class goal seconds later.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    OK ta. Didn't see that. Looks a good signing Joe whilst we're on the subject.

I wondered what Warnock was kicking off for after their 2nd goal and I'm glad it was for the foul as someone suggested.
    I thought he might be (harshly) berating the player (probably Peltier as it was in the right back position) as, although the strike was magnificent, the clearance from the right back position should have been either helped on its way or hoofed into row zed for a corner.

Didn't we sign Peltier from Huddersfield? Maybe some old bad feelings between him and some of the staff?

Quote Originally Posted by jnc90 View Post
    Didn't we sign Peltier from Huddersfield? Maybe some old bad feelings between him and some of the staff?
    Probably this.

I think Pilks was the player who headed it back across goal