Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
Strange as to why it took them nearly a fortnight to realise what an outstanding goal it was.

Credit to the club though for releasing that video for all fans to see and, it turns out that the goal was even better than I thought it was at the time.

The Under 23s don't always manage to play football like that and I wouldn't expect anything like it on the pitch at Leckwith on Monday afternoon, but their games are usually entertaining.

Anyway, I've done another blog piece about the goal if anyone is interested.

http://mauveandyellowarmy.net/
Good stuff. As Blue in the Face says, it certainly won't be easy to evolve to this style of play at first team level but at least Warnock is showing some flexibility with systems and personnel which doesn't rule it out entirely, even if he's here for a while. It will be interesting to see what happens when he feels he can start to relax his obsession with 'no-nonsense' defending. The build up to Waite's goal shows the extra attacking options that a ball playing centre-half and a full back pushing on can give you (even a full back as seemingly limited as Halford). On that theme, it was encouraging to see Declan John on the bench yesterday.

I see Luke O'Reilly has joined Redditch. Those guys are going out thick and fast, it's a shame we haven't found it so easy to offload some of our first team squad.