Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
We've tried that with Revell, Parkin, Doyle etc and they have all flopped.

We've tried it with a more high profile striker like Lambert and it hasn't worked.

It seems pointless to go crazy in the next 48 hours on players unless they are going to be an investment that will strengthen us for next season.

I don't think we will go down with this current crop. In fact Warnock's form is not far off play off form on results gained. I'd only go for it this window if I felt we could challenge this year but while not impossible I don't think we are quite ready for that

So I'd be happy if we could get rid of any more deadwood while the window is open, Lambert included if that's a possibility and maybe try to get the lad from Scotland as I think he'll help us now and be a good player for a challenging team next season.

If a striker did become available who could improve for the rest of the season to improve the squad I'd be OK with that as well, but as I say, no need to go for daft signings, maybe just one insurance signing to help see us safe this campaign and the Aberdeen lad.
Revell and Doyle were Slade purchases, enough said. Parkin was a cheap random Jones buy. None of them were youngsters who were likely to improve. Someone like Omar Boogle at 22 and scoring for fun would be worth a punt.