+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Trump on the Middle East

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Trump on the Middle East

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    I've seen many people who are convinced he is just like him, I have no idea what to say to these people anymore, they are comparing Trump who has never killed anyone as far as I'm aware to Hitler who killed millions, how do go about having a sensible logical conversation with someone who thinks like that? He's offensive yes, but he is not a murderer.

'The definition of indoctrination is the process of teaching a person or group to accept a set of beliefs uncritically'

People are calling Trump and his supporters Nazis to dehumanise them, it gives them a easy moral justification to inflict online abuse and violence towards them, it's a very dangerous path imo.
    I think Trump is someone who has and will attract Nazi supporters, but I agree that, based on what he's done up to now anyway, there is little, if anything, to justify any claims that he is another Hitler.

I'm talking only in terms of the way Hitler and Trump approach(ed) the task of running their country and it would appear that there are what I'd say were dangerous parallels between them - nothing to do with their politics, more the type of men they are/were and whether that would be a problem in a job like that - obviously, it was for one of them.
    Last edited by the other bob wilson; 16-02-17 at 16:04.