Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
I loved Earnie and Chopra but this doesn't stop me from seeming to remember that they both needed a lot of chances to score a goal. In fact I can remember that irritating me about Earnie more than anything - he'd get into great positions but fail to score a lot of times.

It's important to remember that this is the first time Zohore has really understood what he is capable of - and with that comes confidence. Both his goals on Saturday were real class in their execution and the confidence with which they were scored. It's just a pity that he missed the much simpler 6 yard chance in the first half, but those will come as he learns what is needed to finish those close range chances.

Having said that, I'm not yet getting carried away. He's still benefitting from the fact that he's only just starting to be seen as a real threat. The marking is about to become a whole lot harder for him from here on in - the true test of whether he's got what it takes will come then. If he can get over 10 goals this campaign he'll have done well for his Rookie season.

I think our fans are naturally pessimistic. Probably down to the many false dawns we've had, but i think Kenneth has got all the attributes to be a £10 million striker in todays market.

Yes he probably should have finished that chance in the first half, but his first touch which presented the opportunity was sublime.

He is raw there is no doubt about that and he definitely needs to learn to attacked the ball when it's crossed in. (There was one in the second half when he should have smashed the centre back and won the header)

However the lad is getting much better in his game awareness and he must be a joy to have as an outlet.

It's no wonder we have caused the better teams in this league problems lately when you've got his power and pace on the counter.

I don't think he'll consistently produce yet but give him a couple of seasons i think we'll have a top player on our hands and though he may not have the natural talent of Jay Bothroyd i believe his work rate will enable him to acheive more