+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Malky Mackay

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Malky Mackay

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    No, he got sacked before any of this came out (or was due to be). Tan has admitted he didn't know about it. He wasn't investigated until he was sacked.
    The way i remember reading it was that the text stuff had been discovered which led to the leaked email telling him to quit or be sacked which surfaced before the Liverpool game.
    He used the email to get fans and the media on his side, which obviously worked for a while leading to the extended sing song of don't sack Mackay after the Liverpool game.
    Personally the difference between his situation and Suarez for example is that Suarez continued to be a success on the pitch and as we know well, football fans and football people in general are a forgiving bunch as long as there is success on the pitch.
    If he hadn't been such an abject failure at Wigan then his career wouldn't have taken the nosedive that it has.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    The way i remember reading it was that the text stuff had been discovered which led to the leaked email telling him to quit or be sacked which surfaced before the Liverpool game.
    He used the email to get fans and the media on his side, which obviously worked for a while leading to the extended sing song of don't sack Mackay after the Liverpool game.
    Personally the difference between his situation and Suarez for example is that Suarez continued to be a success on the pitch and as we know well, football fans and football people in general are a forgiving bunch as long as there is success on the pitch.
    If he hadn't been such an abject failure at Wigan then his career wouldn't have taken the nosedive that it has.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...e-Cardiff.html

The Daily Mail broke the story in August 2014.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...e-Cardiff.html

The Daily Mail broke the story in August 2014.
    That piece says they were discovered in march that year in a raid on Moodys home.I'm sure they had something on him before that though as Tan was offering him a slightly more dignified get out than being sacked.
    Tan did have all the evidence ready for whenever Malky had a job offer though.

That piece says they were discovered in march that year in a raid on Moodys home.I'm sure they had something on him before that though as Tan was offering him a slightly more dignified get out than being sacked.
    Tan did have all the evidence ready for whenever Malky had a job offer though.
    I think they sacked him for the Cornelius transfer, and Mackay sued Tan. Then, this all came out. Anyway, Tan has spent far too much time trying to bury Mackay, he should keep his mouth shut now and focus on other things.

I think they sacked him for the Cornelius transfer, and Mackay sued Tan. Then, this all came out. Anyway, Tan has spent far too much time trying to bury Mackay, he should keep his mouth shut now and focus on other things.
    We must try to stop discussing milky Mackay.
    He is long gone.
    Clearly a decent lower level manager (?) but clearly out of his depth in the premiership.

International

Is that nosedive dovetailed with anything else??