+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: David Junior Hoilett

David Junior Hoilett

Take a bow Sir.
    Sky MOM

For me the best all round performance from a City player over 90 minutes in the last ten years.

Keep it up man.

and against Leeds at home live.
    Does it get any better for a footballer?

Everyone at the club should sleep easy tonight.
    Great to be a bluebird.

Re: David Junior Hoilett

I thought Bamba was immense in midfield

Hoillet played a blinder tonight but for me Bamba was just fantastic and my MoM. He plays so well in that position.

Quote Originally Posted by Watcliff View Post
    I'd have him there every week.

Bamba not good enough for Leeds though

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    I'd have him there every week.
    When he plays there he makes Manga and Morrisons job so much easier, which also allows Manga to play football.

Quote Originally Posted by Watcliff View Post
    I was thinking the same, doesn't weaken the team at all and gives Manga a chance to play. It is better than 3 at the back for me but the conundrum of how to play Bamba, Morrison and Manga in the same team is solved. Any 1 of those would play for any other championship 1st eleven except Bamba at Leeds of course.

Hoillet's performance was fantastic. Not only the skill, goals and assists, but he worked hard and put some superb tackles in too.

Bamba was immense, but once Leeds sussed out that there were big holes between our front 4 and back 5 they were able to put pressure on us even with 10 men.

That formation tonight is fine for surprise value, but won't be effective week in week out

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Hoillet's performance was fantastic. Not only the skill, goals and assists, but he worked hard and put some superb tackles in too.

Bamba was immense, but once Leeds sussed out that there were big holes between our front 4 and back 5 they were able to put pressure on us even with 10 men.

That formation tonight is fine for surprise value, but won't be effective week in week out
    Bamba himself said in his post match interview that he couldn't play there every game.

Bamba was excellent, as was virtually every City player, but Hoilett was the best player on the pitch for me because, more than anyone else, he made things happen - it's no coincidence that the games in which we play really well are the ones where Hoilett is on his game.

Hoillet was superb and man of the match. Bamba was immense.

This is going to sound really critical after a superb night by all our players. But im sure against 10 men we would have kept the ball much better against 10 men if Ralls had been the man in the middle of the park. Only last 10 minutes we really put our foot on the ball and kept it with ease.

Bamba was physically immense. Done exceptionally well when he had the ball. But Ralls would have been demanding the pass and been comfortable when marked and passed and moved.

Bamba has shown he can do a great job there. But back the position goes back to Ralls when fit. Bamba back to defence.

It shows how strong our squad is though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

This is going to sound really critical after a superb night by all our players. But im sure against 10 men we would have kept the ball much better against 10 men if Ralls had been the man in the middle of the park. Only last 10 minutes we really put our foot on the ball and kept it with ease.

Bamba was physically immense. Done exceptionally well when he had the ball. But Ralls would have been demanding the pass and been comfortable when marked and passed and moved.

Bamba has shown he can do a great job there. But back the position goes back to Ralls when fit. Bamba back to defence.

Never thought I’d say this but I agree with your point re Ralls

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Never thought I’d say this but I agree with your point re Ralls
    Hoilett was brilliant, and so was Bamba. What a player. To think they didn't have clubs this time last season.

Ralls is absolutely brilliant at getting in the way. That sounds like an odd thing to say but he breaks stuff up constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

Yes, you are right, it does sound highly critical and rather unnecessary bearing in mind the performance and result.