Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF 2 - 4 FULHAM. Match thread

Re: CARDIFF v FULHAM. Match thread

C'mon Reading ffs!

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    C'mon Reading ffs!
    We are not Wolvescelona..

The fair-weather-fan Hedge-poking Wurzel will likely be tempted to come and give us some of his 'wisdom' shortly - no doubt.

I just knew there was a late, late extra-time goal in this game!
    .. sadly ..

I thought our midfield was woeful. Damour and Bryson in particular. We are so static when in possession. No movement at all.

I was at the game and Tomlin wasn’t asked to warm up once. Not even before the game. Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s gone in the window.

Paterson looked good when he came on. Zohore put in a good shift.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    I thought our midfield was woeful. Damour and Bryson in particular. We are so static when in possession. No movement at all.

I was at the game and Tomlin wasn’t asked to warm up once. Not even before the game. Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s gone in the window.

We badly need Morrison back quickly.
    Bamba and Manga look like conceding far too often.
    Tomlinson may as well organise a permanent move now. Despite having a woeful midfield, Warnock simply refuses to play him.
    I hope we do "splash" a bit of class on a quality midfield player in January. We simply have no real quality.

CASH....

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Tomlinson may as well organise a permanent move now. Despite having a woeful midfield, Warnock simply refuses to play him.
    I hope we do "splash" a bit of class on a quality midfield player in January. We simply have no real quality.
    Agreed. We needed to boss and bully them today. They just passed it around us.

Just hope we can hang on top 4 after QPR.

Another day ****ing ruined. Now I can't even enjoy the JB's game.

Re: FT: CARDIFF 2 - 4 FULHAM. Match thread

This is why you can’t let Cardiff City be a big part of your life, it will ruin specific occasions, like this Christmas. If you look back, it’s not been a generally great time.

The only positive was the team didnt give up. But we were completely outclassed.

Surely Tomlin had to come on or even Pilkington.

That midfield 3 doesnt work and the 2 wide men had a mare today.

Like everyone knows we have been punching above our weight, fortunate to beat hull and get a point at reading, Bolton are poor, if we ended up 6-8 place that’s about the best folks would have hoped for pre season...

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    If Tan gave Warnock money do you really think he can identify a class midfielder? Probably spend it on another couple of journeymen / water carriers.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Like everyone knows we have been punching above our weight, fortunate to beat hull and get a point at reading, Bolton are poor, if we ended up 6-8 place that’s about the best folks would have hoped for pre season...
    Pre season maybe but after the start we made, and points we’ve got on the board, then finishing outside of the play offs will be a failure

Pilkington Halford Healey Patterson all warmed up . Tomlin I never saw.He must be going in January. Pilkington must also be fed up that Healey gets given a run before him.I expect Pilkington, Tomlin and Connolly all to be moved on in January. Poor tam selection by Warnock, poor substitutions etc, very very poor defensively and not spark going forward. Thank god Zohore is back though.

Big moment in the game when we were 1-2 down. Healey was poleaxed out on the touchline and the ref played an advantage when there wasn't one. When Fulham nicked the ball he should have gone back for the free kick instead of allowing them to break forward and score the killer third. We were poor today and deserved to lose but the referee, and linesman on the Ninian side were atrocious.

Quote Originally Posted by islandblue View Post
    Big moment in the game when we were 1-2 down. Healey was poleaxed out on the touchline and the ref played an advantage when there wasn't one. When Fulham nicked the ball he should have gone back for the free kick instead of allowing them to break forward and score the killer third. We were poor today and deserved to lose but the referee, and linesman on the Ninian side were atrocious.
    The ref should’ve given them a penalty after 3 minutes; absolute stonewall.

Quote Originally Posted by islandblue View Post
    There was an advantage. NML fecked it up.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Looked nailed on to me as well.

Zahore comes back, we start lumping aimless balls up ‘in that direction’

Rubbish rubbish rubbish

Poor tactics, poor management!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Looked a penalty to me too.

Healey was a strange one. Played in behind Zohore from what I saw when Tomlin and even Pilkington were on bench.

We just don’t have anyone to pass to when we are being pressed. We panic and either lose the ball or fire hopeful balls up to Ken or the widemen.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    This is why you can’t let Cardiff City be a big part of your life, it will ruin specific occasions, like this Christmas. If you look back, it’s not been a generally great time.
    I'm afraid that ship sailed a long, long time ago. 52 years old, I have a good job, a fantastic wife and family, good friends and I'm generally an enthusiastic and happy person. But today I'm in a bad mood because of a ****ing game of football 3000 miles away.

As mentioned above, for a side that is so high up in the table, we can look so bad at times. So many things wrong today - our "dream pairing" at centreback were all over the shop, our three oh so similar central midfielders were second best by a distance despite Ralls having another good game in my view and our wingers were as poor as a pair as I've seen them this season.

Looked a penalty to me too.

Healey was a strange one. Played in behind Zohore from what I saw when Tomlin and even Pilkington were on bench.

We just don’t have anyone to pass to when we are being pressed. We panic and either lose the ball or fire hopeful balls up to Ken or the widemen.
    Absolutely certain penalty as far as I was concerned from the good view I had of it - there's no way the ref can be blamed for our defeat.

Neil Warnock said that Healey is the only player we have who can make runs beyond our striker from the number ten position, I thought he did pretty well when he came on and was impressed by how he set up a chance for Zohore just before our second goal.

After the Bolton game, I was reluctant to read too much into the subbing of Tomlin, but the refusal to turn to him today was very odd - if there was never any intention of using him, why have him on the bench?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I'm afraid that ship sailed a long, long time ago. 52 years old, I have a good job, a fantastic wife and family, good friends and I'm generally an enthusiastic and happy person. But today I'm in a bad mood because of a ****ing game of football 3000 miles away.
    For the full miserable feeling go and stand in the shower, full on cold.😉