+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Arsenal v Man City. Gunners getting a new one ripped

Re: Arsenal v Man City. Gunners getting a new one ripped

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    I wish I got the Sane gag on here, some good posters are in on it and I feel like I'm missing out. He got kung fu kicked in the shin, off the ball, by one of our players, never moaned about us or Joe Bennett (as far as I'm aware), got back playing again in a couple of weeks and is back to the standard he was playing at before. I'm pleased for him, just shows I haven't got a sense of humour I suppose.
    Kung fu kicked lol.

The gag is more aimed at Guardiola's massively OTT reaction, acting as if Sane would have to have a leg amputated.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Kung fu kicked??

People are playing it down, and that's a bit silly, but to go this far OTT is a joke itself
    I wasn't sure how else to describe it when I was in that thread the other day so I said it was a low level kung fu kick. I was debating it with a poster who called it a mistimed slide tackle so I didn't feel I was the one making a fool of myself. Here's the 'tackle', I'm not that far off.

http://sport.bt.com/video/bennett-es...91364246592823

I take ccfc's point about Guardiola's reaction but I'm just glad for Sane, and us and Joe Bennett, that he was able to get back quickly. Could've been nasty.

I wasn't sure how else to describe it when I was in that thread the other day so I said it was a low level kung fu kick. I was debating it with a poster who called it a mistimed slide tackle so I didn't feel I was the one making a fool of myself. Here's the 'tackle', I'm not that far off.

http://sport.bt.com/video/bennett-es...91364246592823

I take ccfc's point about Guardiola's reaction but I'm just glad for Sane, and us and Joe Bennett, that he was able to get back quickly. Could've been nasty.
    He's lightning fast. It was miss timed.

Are we not allowed to challenge pacy players now?

Having watched Bennet play, he's not in the categorie of someone who would deliberately try to hurt a player.

Glad Sane was ok so quickly... shame on Guardiola (who apart from that night I like) for his shitty reaction.

I've seen the tackle, but thanks for a link...

I don't know how anyone can call it missed timed when his foot is that high

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    He can’t move upstairs it’s not fair on the new guy.
    I don't think he should be involved in football matters just a job for all his service to arsenal

Ozil is class but needs the right players around him. if he swapped shirts with Silva he’d flourish.
    I don't know he has moments of brilliance but for the most part he goes hiding and has had lots of good players around him but never shows up in the big games

I like Ramsey and he has been a good player for Wales, however I do think he has under achieved in his career due to stagnating at a mediocre football club where everyone is happy to come 4th.

I do believe he had massive, massive potential but his career missed the boat a little and if his career had taken a different path he could have been special.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I like Ramsey and he has been a good player for Wales, however I do think he has under achieved in his career due to stagnating at a mediocre football club where everyone is happy to come 4th.

I do believe he had massive, massive potential but his career missed the boat a little and if his career had taken a different path he could have been special.
    Think going to United would have made a difference?

Think going to United would have made a difference?
    I think it would have under Ferguson. Whether that would have continued after that I don't know.

Sometimes he looks a world beater the next minute he looks dreadful.

One thing he does well is arrive in the box at the right time and score goals. Technically he is very good but his decision making is woeful at times for me.

If the 17 year old Ramsey was coming through at Man City now then I believe he'd be a world beater.

It's all easy to say but I just believe he has stagnated at Arsenal.

He's lightning fast. It was miss timed.

Are we not allowed to challenge pacy players now?

Having watched Bennet play, he's not in the categorie of someone who would deliberately try to hurt a player.

Glad Sane was ok so quickly... shame on Guardiola (who apart from that night I like) for his shitty reaction.

I've seen the tackle, but thanks for a link...
    What was mistimed, do you think he was trying to tackle Sane? Even Joe isn't claiming that.

Are you asking if we shouldn't be allowed challenge pacy players by launching ourselves at them after the ball has gone and planting our studs in their shin? I'll have a think about that.

I didn't say Bennett would try and hurt a player but intent doesn't come into it with a challenge like that. Things like flailing arms, elbows and even some 'stamps' are open to interpretation but a challenge like Bennett's is dangerous and a straight red even if the Pope did it.

Guardiola and Man City exaggerated the injury but it doesn't make the challenge any better. It should've been a red, they were right about that, Warnock's post-match reaction was far worse and an embarrassment.

Glad you've seen the tackle, you seemed a bit confused about what had happened. I didn't want to get into another debate with someone who thinks they're an authority on it because they were there on the day so have no need to check the devil's work such as tv pictures and slow motion replays.

By the way, here's Bennett's tackle.

http://www.squawka.com/news/joe-benn...mYOOtQOgtkE.97

and here's a kung fu kick.

https://muaythaibasics.com/top-10-bl...il-with-video/

Hope you understand how I got the two confused.

I am point blank not reading all that sorry.

The debate was pages and pages on another thread. It's been done to death and back 500 times.

In the politest manner I can say this, please bore off and let it be

I am point blank not reading all that sorry.

The debate was pages and pages on another thread. It's been done to death and back 500 times.

In the politest manner I can say this, please bore off and let it be
    You made five points. I read, and answered, all five. Please excuse my good manners.

You seemed keen to jump in earlier on the 'I'm a City fan so I'll blindly defend the club and it's players' ticket, when it came down to rights and wrongs you suddenly got bored with the subject, just like everyone else.

Mike brought it up here, TOBW did in his match report on Monday. Maybe tell them to bore off.

You made five points. I read, and answered, all five. Please excuse my good manners.

You seemed keen to jump in earlier on the 'I'm a City fan so I'll blindly defend the club and it's players' ticket, when it came down to rights and wrongs you suddenly got bored with the subject, just like everyone else.

Mike brought it up here, TOBW did in his match report on Monday. Maybe tell them to bore off.
    I mentioned I didn't think it was a kung fu kick, and looked worse due to how fast sane is (and whatever else)

I wasn't expecting to get into a 50 comment back and forth debate over it. When I noticed it escalating, I backed out.

You'll notice you aren't the only one, others I just leave, I was polite enough to let you know I wouldn't be continuing.

Others haven't debated it with me, why would I contact them?

I mentioned I didn't think it was a kung fu kick, and looked worse due to how fast sane is (and whatever else)

I wasn't expecting to get into a 50 comment back and forth debate over it. When I noticed it escalating, I backed out.

You'll notice you aren't the only one, others I just leave, I was polite enough to let you know I wouldn't be continuing.

Others haven't debated it with me, why would I contact them?
    The topic bored you because it's been done to death on here but you still wanted to say your piece, even bringing up other points that were totally irrelevant. Now I've answered them you've suddenly become bored with the topic again. Funny that.

I've got no problems at all with you, or anyone on here, but if you're going to jump into a thread and start talking bollocks to me then what do you expect me to do? Why would anyone post about stuff they're not interested in and how am I meant to know? It's bizarre.

The topic bored you because it's been done to death on here but you still wanted to say your piece, even bringing up other points that were totally irrelevant. Now I've answered them you've suddenly become bored with the topic again. Funny that.

I've got no problems at all with you, or anyone on here, but if you're going to jump into a thread and start talking bollocks to me then what do you expect me to do? Why would anyone post about stuff they're not interested in and how am I meant to know? It's bizarre.
    I don't have an issue with anyone, it's the internet, new day or a new thread and were all good again.

I did attempt to say I was done, that's how you know (bizarre, right? ) but you wanted to keep on..

Shouldn't really have to explain why I've stopped or give a reason if I don't want to, how another person takes that is entirely up to them.

I don't have an issue with anyone, it's the internet, new day or a new thread and were all good again.

I did attempt to say I was done, that's how you know (bizarre, right? ) but you wanted to keep on..

Shouldn't really have to explain why I've stopped or give a reason if I don't want to, how another person takes that is entirely up to them.
    You're very confused. You only told me you were done after I'd replied to the five points you made about a topic that, apparently, you weren't interested in. It would've been easier for me if you'd made the five points and then told me you weren't interested in the topic you'd just made five points about so don't bother replying because you won't read it. Also, you've now sent three posts telling me that you've stopped posting on this. Keep it coming, you're a funny guy.

You're very confused. You only told me you were done after I'd replied to the five points you made about a topic that, apparently, you weren't interested in. It would've been easier for me if you'd made the five points and then told me you weren't interested in the topic you'd just made five points about so don't bother replying because you won't read it. Also, you've now sent three posts telling me that you've stopped posting on this. Keep it coming, you're a funny guy.
    It's not about convenience for you, rather for me.

I've spent 3 posts, now 4, because it's not onbthe original topic.

No need to have a slight attitude, it's all gravy baby.

It's not about convenience for you, rather for me.

I've spent 3 posts, now 4, because it's not onbthe original topic.

No need to have a slight attitude, it's all gravy baby.
    To be fair, you refused to read my post and then told me to bore off, you're hardly in a position to talk about attitude. I'm laughing at you because you're on a message board calling yourself the warrior but you've backed out of an argument you started yourself because it was inconvenient for you. Hardly Genghis Khan, is it? Maybe you should call yourself the skirmisher.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I don't know he has moments of brilliance but for the most part he goes hiding and has had lots of good players around him but never shows up in the big games
    I think you’re confusing him with Ramsey

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Exactly! Ozil hasn't had nowhere near the form Ramsey has had for Arsenal, yet it's the other players fault? What if Ramsey had better players round him? Like Bale? Who he outshined at the Euros and was easily one of the best players at the tournament! Why do people underrate Ramsey so much? Even worse, why do Welsh people? Idiots
    So Ramsey had a couple of good games in a major tournament, and (in your opinion) outshone our only world class player. Ozil was top assist provider at Euro 2012, and has won a World Cup in 2014. Both years he was voted German footballer of the year and was Germany’s footballer of the year 5 years out of 6, where there’s a much bigger pool of top class players to choose from.

They also have very similair goal and assists stats for Arsenal except Ramsey’s played 60% more games.

Ozil averages an assist or a goal every 2 games for Arsenal, whilst Ramsey its every 3 games so quite how you work out Ozil has nowhere near the form for Arsenal I don’t know

And you have the cheek to call anyone who doesn’t think Ramsey is world class and idiot

I think you’re confusing him with Ramsey

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I’m not fishing, I hope Ramsey does well because of his Cardiff and Wales connections, I just don’t think he’s world class.

Arsenal or selling him in the summer anyway so it will be interesting to see where he ends up

I’m not fishing, I hope Ramsey does well because of his Cardiff and Wales connections, I just don’t think he’s world class.

Arsenal or selling him in the summer anyway so it will be interesting to see where he ends up
    It's the old he's not "world class" debate again though.
    Your position on Ramsey you have made very clear.
    It's a bit like groundhog day.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    It's the old he's not "world class" debate again though.
    Your position on Ramsey you have made very clear.
    It's a bit like groundhog day.

To be fair, you refused to read my post and then told me to bore off, you're hardly in a position to talk about attitude. I'm laughing at you because you're on a message board calling yourself the warrior but you've backed out of an argument you started yourself because it was inconvenient for you. Hardly Genghis Khan, is it? Maybe you should call yourself the skirmisher.
    So you're taking the internet extra serious then.

Bless.