Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
We’ve been invited to a party at a mansion, and turned up with half a bottle of Lambrusco.

Or we've gatecrashed the party - will drink all their beer, break a few things, have a bloody good laugh before being thrown out

Enjoy the ride - ignore MOTD pundits comments, Sky Sports analysis and talksport - they have absolutely no interest in us whatsoever so I have none in them. If you listen to that shite you'll be forming opinions like you currently have - They are only interested in the top 6 and will look down on ALL the others.

If you want their sanctimonious approval I'm sorry you're supporting the wrong club

So what if we are in the championship - I love a bit of Tuesday night football
That all sounds very laddish and cavalier, and if that’s all your in it for then good on you.
You’ve also assumed to enhance your view that I listen to the opinions of pundits.
My opinions are based on what I see with my own eyes.
I’m an Ely boy whose been going down the City since the late 70’s, so I’ve seen it all and have never expected any glory in my lifetime.
What I do expect from the club though, is to give us a fighting chance now that we’ve miraculously reached the pinnacle, and to at least try to stay there and try to improve further.
We’ll soon see the longer this season goes on, and the more we get humbled, how many on here still have your attitude.