Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
The first bit sounds like what people feel Zohore should be doing. We whack the ball over Zohore's head, yet people think he should be this battering ram centre forward just because he's a big lad. Get it into the channels for him, get the ball to feet. I'm not going to claim Zohore has been as good as last season as he's clearly lacking confidence (and I don't blame him as the fans have been embarrassing with him this season) but he's ten times the player Ward is.

Did ward run the channels and hold the ball up yesterday? 25 mins on the pitch and we didn't create once chance and he barely touched it. All our chances were before Zohore went off. As soon as Ward and Madine came on up top I don't think Hart touched the ball bar the odd goal kick.

The abuse and accusations of being lazy have come from the fact he doesn't press from the front and sprint around aimlessly to put a tiny bit of pressure on a keeper that comfortably clears it. Fans were doing it last season groaning when he didn't do it, but it's laughable because he's a 6ft+ unit that will just tire easily. The amount of times he had to do it last season and then he was visibly ****ed come the times he actually got the ball was hugely frustrating. Never mind fans singing Danny Ward's name when Zohore was working his bollocks off as we struggled towards the end of the season.

People just expect too much of him, he's playing his first season in the PL, has had 3-4 games and apparently he's shit, can't be arsed, lazy and a waste of space yet 12 months ago he was brilliant. Our fans are quick to accept the praise for continuing to sing allez allez allez at 5-0 down to Man City but the reality is they've massively contributed towards the lack of confidence our best striker has.
I think that Ward gets more appreciation because of his perceived work rate. Football fans are a bit thick sometimes, and don't really understand that Ward making six aimless runs maybe easier for him than Ken making four, due to different reasons-So, who is working harder?

As for Ken, There's a problem with him. He looks slow and tired, almost devoid of energy and bounce. He's feeding off scraps, Actually, scraps would equate to a banquet at the moment, and when he does receive those scraps, they're often chewy and inedible such is the lack of quality in service. So he's not getting the service he requires or the support, then it's time for Ken to control the things that he can influence, like holding the ball up well, making himself available, making sure he draws fouls and is a general nuisance or presence. That's my worry, he's not really doing any of those things, to put it simply, I don't think he's turning up, for whatever reason.

I like Ken, he's one of my favourite players. During Warnocks first season I can honestly say that I felt as much satisfaction in the resurgence of Ken, as I did with the promotion. Written off and an after thought, it was lovely to see him emerge and watch him develop, and the look on his face when the fans first sung his name- in the words of Al Murray 'It was a beautiful thing' lets hope that he can get back on track, we need him.