+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BT Coverage of the game

Re: BT Coverage of the game

It’s all got a little bit arsey on this thread but I think some decent points have been made from both sides.

I’ve not seen any of the goals on TV but felt during the game that we were both mentally and physically much slower than the Utd players. However, the start of the game and the refs weird initial decisions seemed to unsettle us. Then the first goal was just weird and the second a fluke. After that the game was gone despite our penalty.

Their 3rd goal was excellent and showed what they were capable of but I was disappointed they didn’t have to work harder for their win. Bambas 2 rushes of blood to the head were disappointing and NW is going to have to remind him he’s not Backenbauer (again!)

The other players who disappointed me were Junior and Cunningham. We needed pace and power but neither could bring that and were basically spectators.

We got got what we deserved from the game ie nothing, but I’m hoping Zohore’s cameo presages that start of his season...

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    What is 'quite pathetic' is accusing somebody of having an 'agenda' when they are simply discussing a football match and saying exactly the same sort of thing that most other people who watched the game are saying. You hint at a 'hidden agenda', so what could that possibly be? This is a football message board, on which I've been discussing a football match. If that's having an agenda, then I'm guilty as charged.

You told me last night you had enjoyed yesterday's game. To me, that seems really weird. In all the years I supported City, I never enjoyed seeing them get beaten, let alone get spanked like they did yesterday. But there we go, it takes all sorts I suppose.

Yet again you've suggested I should stop contributing to this board. How many times is that now? I've never understood why people like you get so irritated by those who hold opposing views to theirs, although to be honest I don't even know in this instance what I've said that you actually disagree with as you haven't taken issue with anything in particular. You've just talked bollocks about non-existent agendas.

What's in it for me? Well, I don't know if you've noticed this in all the years we've known each other, but I'm a bit of a football fan. I still enjoy watching the game very much and I still talk about it a great deal with a wide range of people. As much as I despise the club's owner, I've enjoyed my occasional visits to City games in recent years and I like to keep reasonably up to date with what's happening at the CCS as it's a regular topic of conversation with family, friends and colleagues. Apparently, my having an opinion on a team I supported for almost 40 years is some sort of a crime, but that's your problem rather than mine.
    Plus ca change...

Have a nice Christmas Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    What is 'quite pathetic' is accusing somebody of having an 'agenda' when they are simply discussing a football match and saying exactly the same sort of thing that most other people who watched the game are saying. You hint at a 'hidden agenda', so what could that possibly be? This is a football message board, on which I've been discussing a football match. If that's having an agenda, then I'm guilty as charged.

You told me last night you had enjoyed yesterday's game. To me, that seems really weird. In all the years I supported City, I never enjoyed seeing them get beaten, let alone get spanked like they did yesterday. But there we go, it takes all sorts I suppose.

Yet again you've suggested I should stop contributing to this board. How many times is that now? I've never understood why people like you get so irritated by those who hold opposing views to theirs, although to be honest I don't even know in this instance what I've said that you actually disagree with as you haven't taken issue with anything in particular. You've just talked bollocks about non-existent agendas.

What's in it for me? Well, I don't know if you've noticed this in all the years we've known each other, but I'm a bit of a football fan. I still enjoy watching the game very much and I still talk about it a great deal with a wide range of people. As much as I despise the club's owner, I've enjoyed my occasional visits to City games in recent years and I like to keep reasonably up to date with what's happening at the CCS as it's a regular topic of conversation with family, friends and colleagues. Apparently, my having an opinion on a team I supported for almost 40 years is some sort of a crime, but that's your problem rather than mine.
    You really still despise VT? If you let the rebrand go like most have what’s the issue? Looking back he clearly saved us from going under
    and down a few leagues, less another magic fairy was about to step in and save us like the Sullivan story.
    I trust you prefer the lower league days hanging out with Newport and Chester etc with the other 3000 diehards?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Did you really just compare parks football to the Premier League?

Wow. Just wow.
    Ironically Warnock regarded our defending as ‘Sunday League’ like!

Wow. Just wow😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    You really still despise VT? If you let the rebrand go like most have what’s the issue? Looking back he clearly saved us from going under
    and down a few leagues, less another magic fairy was about to step in and save us like the Sullivan story.
    I trust you prefer the lower league days hanging out with Newport and Chester etc with the other 3000 diehards?
    I know a few of those die hard lads, some are hard , and dead from the neck up ,be careful though if you bump into the NP ones , there are well barmy.

I have to say the season of goodwill has
    clearly shone through on this thread,its very up,lifting. .