Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
The problem with this argument is that if Burrachaga misses in 86 and Higuain scores in 14 then the situations are reversed with neither Messi nor Maradona putting a foot in a different place.

Robson-Kanu went further in an international tournament than Giggs. Who is the better player?

I love Diego, I think Messi is the only player to come near him. In my opinion, he's surpassed Diego now and I respect anyone who thinks differently - but this shouldn't be the reason.
Completely agree with this.

Although the world cup is a superb competition it's definitely below standards of the champions league.

I don't think you can exclude someone becausel they didn't win what someone else did. As you could just say Maradona isn't as good as didn't win the European cup.

Messi goalscoring record is unbelievable and whilst you could make the arguement he has had some of the best players in world play beside him, on the flip side he still stands head and shoulders above those players.

Henry and Suarez were probably 2 of the best players the PL has seen and Messi is still the focal point, same with Neymar